Knife restoration and mantain question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Knife restoration and mantain question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Knife restoration and mantain question

I happen to found this old camping knife lost in the middle of a junk box. Since it looks nice, I decided to restore it.

The first thing I did was to tighten the loose blade. It was a nut inside the handle.

What bugs me is how to keep the blade from getting rusty. I heard from some blade store thar even cooking oil works. If I can hear some good advice, I did appreciate it.

Last edited by MakarovJAC; 09-15-2012 at 07:03 PM.
CA357 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Please post pictures if you can. Some 3 in 1 oil will prevent rust just fine. Cooking oil can go rancid. Just apply a thin coat with a rag and wipe off the excess. A thin film of oil is all you need. There are also silicone impregnated cloths for around five bucks that you can buy for guns and fishing gear that will do the job as well.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams