Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Kissing Krane knife info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kissing Krane knife info

My Grandpa passed away before i knew him and, my Uncle recently gave me a kissing krane knife.Ill put a picture up if needed i dont know how good it is, is there anyone that could tell me about kissing krane knives. I know ill always keep it though. just wanting a liltte background on it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2010, 02:57 AM   #2

i found ome info on it after some searching thanks anyways

Old 12-29-2010, 03:08 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Well I see them sold on T.V. late at night, along with Frost Cutlery(crap) so that should tell ya something. Not a high dollar knife. Now I'm not a 100% sure but I think its German made and have been around for awhile. Good affordable knife.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 12-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #4

Default Kissing Crane

Sir, an old company with a very strong following

All Kissing Crane Knives
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Handmade Traditional Knives from Solingen, Germany

Kissing Crane was founded in 1834 and went into full time production of pocket knives in 1880.

Kissing Crane Knives are produced by the Robert Klaas factory in Solingen, Germany, where master cutlers have been crafting quality knives for over 175 years.

Kissing Crane is a line of traditional pocket knives, hunting knives, and folding knives that are assembled and polished by hand.

The Kissing Crane Knives have been a favorite for many generations, and continue to be in strong demand by the serious collector and user alike.

Kissing crane knives & traditional Kissing Crane knife from Solingen

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 AM   #5

Liked 88 Times on 55 Posts

The original Klaas company no longer exists. Frost or Parker has the rights to the "kissing Cranes" logo, and is having the new knives made in China.
Older Klaas knives were very well made.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:35 AM   #6

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Kissing Crane used to be one of the best knives made. AS already posted another company makes them now. The new ones I've seen put a sticker on them saying they are made in China. Some are taking advantage of this and peeling it off trying to make people believe it's a Klaas knife.

Your Grandfathers knife is a very well made knife I'm sure. I have a couple old Klaas stilettos that are very nice. And one of the new ones that you can obviously see the difference in quality. I love the old ones. Being a Case knife collector I've got to see a bunch of the old ones and hope to get a few in my very small and sad collection some time in the future.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #7

The Kissing Crane stilettos have always been made for Klaas, in Maniago, Italy. They are not German.
The newer ones are Chinese, as noted.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDeShivs View Post
The Kissing Crane stilettos have always been made for Klaas, in Maniago, Italy. They are not German.
The newer ones are Chinese, as noted.
not being a smarta** or anything but mine says made in germany on it as before no sarcasm at all dont take offense

Last edited by Robert-knifelover; 01-14-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: retype messed up

Old 01-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #9

I know what they SAY. Just telling you where they are MADE.
German law allows them to stamp "Germany" on products made for importation into Germany. Most Puma knives are made in Spain, now. They still say "Germany."
Most products stamped "Solingen" were actually made there, but I have seen this change recently.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDeShivs View Post
I know what they SAY. Just telling you where they are MADE.
German law allows them to stamp "Germany" on products made for importation into Germany. Most Puma knives are made in Spain, now. They still say "Germany."
Most products stamped "Solingen" were actually made there, but I have seen this change recently.
I am sorry but I have to disagree.

There are Puma knives that are made in Spain and there are still some made in Germany and they are not marked alike. I know since I collect a few of them.