Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Kershaw parts or service?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5687 Times on 3339 Posts
Likes Given: 4844

Default Kershaw parts or service?

I broke the little safety latch on my Leek. The Kershaw website seems to indicate that part isn't sold but can be installed at the factory.

Has anybody used Kershaw's warranty or service? How long did it take?

I really wish that little piece wasn't plastic.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #2

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You broke it? Heck I removed mine, it would always end up being locked at the most inopportune moment.

That said, I need to follow this thread, I've broken the tip on mine and the assist spring gave out.

I've used it to pry paint can lids, pry on other stuff, cut wire, do all kind of ridiculous stuff one normally wouldn't do with a knife, but then I tried to tighten one little light switch cover plate screw and almost an inch snapped off. I was pissed. And I want to get it fixed. It was an anniversary gift from my wife, first year married.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

send them an email. I broke the safety catch on mine and they mailed me the part.

I have also returned a leek that I broke (blade tip) and they replaced it no questions asked.

not only a great knife but great customer service too..

Old 01-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1001 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 459

Kershaw has great customer service.I have a bunch of them,and they have fixed/replaced several that I've broken over the years.
There is a small service fee,but they will send your knife back fast and factory razor sharp.They probably list the fee online,it's not much.

That reminds me,I have 2 or 3 that I need to send back in for repair setting in the safe! I'm pretty hard on knives.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Last edited by Txhillbilly; 01-15-2012 at 02:03 AM.