You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

Kershaw blur

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2016, 08:51 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 316 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Default Kershaw blur

So i have carried a kershaw blur for about 5 years and love it. I wanted a new one so ordered it and it came in but i am a little disapointed. The mechanism that assists the blade to open is very weak compared to my old one.

My old one really throws that blade out with force, where as the new one barely has enough power to open it hard enough to lock the blade.

Another odd thing is that the old one said maid in usa on the blade under other writing but the new one has all the other writing without the made in usa. But the box did say made in usa and the website from kershaw says they still are, so why the changes?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2016, 01:20 PM   #2

Liked 620 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Don't know what to tell you, Col. I've got three Blurs, one in each of the blade offerings. All are marked Made in USA and the assisted opening snaps the blade into service right now. Maybe the screw holding the blade is a little too snug. You might want to try that.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #3

Liked 195 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 415

Maybe a drop of oil and a little use???

If not a send back???

Old 07-07-2016, 04:45 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 316 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 552

I may tinker with it but i may also contact kershaw.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 07-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #5

Liked 672 Times on 397 Posts

Kershaw makes a lot of their knives in China. I have a couple older ones, including ones made in China, and i have noticed a decline in quality.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:16 PM   #6

Liked 298 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 2336

I have a kershaw blur- tanto for a few years now. I use it for everything. For just on case, I bought a ZT 301 and am very happy, hope I never have to need it.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:13 AM   #7

Liked 206 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 193

I have always been a fan of kershaw they have good work blades for good prices but yes over the past few years i have also notice a decline with some of there quality. I still carry my Wildcat ridge i picked up 5 years ago it is made in china buts it is decent quality for the price i paid. I tried buying another a few months ago for a present and the blade felt like you were opening it with sand paper and the leather pouch was half necked stitched together. i ended up just fixing it myself. Word of advice if you ever plan on using the knife for food of any type lubricate it with cooking oil works great.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED
schnuffleupagus Likes This 
Old 07-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3869 Times on 2125 Posts
Likes Given: 1143

Where did you order it from? There are a lot of counterfeit products out there. It is possible you got one.
schnuffleupagus Likes This 
Old 07-11-2016, 01:39 AM   #9

Liked 620 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
Kershaw makes a lot of their knives in China. I have a couple older ones, including ones made in China, and i have noticed a decline in quality.
It's true several Kershaws are made off-shore these days. The Blur isn't one of them. Still made here.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:12 AM   #10

Liked 672 Times on 397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
It's true several Kershaws are made off-shore these days. The Blur isn't one of them. Still made here.
I did not realize that. Ill have to check out the blur, thanks. I use the cryo as my edc currently.