Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > KaBar 1207

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 04:10 AM   #1
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default KaBar 1207

The Kabar 1207 was one of the first knives I can recall as a teenager hunting with my Dad. I had a couple before the Kabar, this one has been with me for 30 years. Recenly I was looking at knives on a online auction and found a NIB 1207 made in the USA. I was excited and bought the knife. The knife arrived and is as described except for one issue, it smells It has a musty smell but the leather handle is in great condition. I put the knife in a bag with baking soda for a few days but still have the musty smell.

Any suggestions on how to kill the smell? I want to give to knife to my Dad as a farthers day gift to thank him for teaching me so much in life but not going to hand him a stinky knife.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Can't help with the smell, but I have a 1207 that I got from a guy who carried it through his tour in Vietnam.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #3

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Try putting it in a kitchen trash bag with quite a bit of crumpled newspaper and leave it for a few days. If it is still there, leave it for a few more days. That should work. A leather cleaner may work also.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Saddle soap or Bag Balm should contain the funk, + will help keep it looking good. May darken it a shade. If that worries you, try coffee grounds in a ziplock.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Last edited by HKSlinger; 03-29-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Newest Threads