Improvised Weapons - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Improvised Weapons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I'm curious about the tightly rolled up magazine. Saw it in Borne Conspiracy, and wondering how effective that really is.
They scare the hell out of my dog.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3360 Times on 1739 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Steel toed boot. Roll of Nickles in the fist. Rock. Set of keys used as a flail, especially if attached to a Kubotan or 8" loop of para cord.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #13

My favorite everyday Improvised weapon....the credit card. By holding it in the hand and slighty bending it, it becomes a wonderful edged weapon.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Old 09-27-2008, 04:42 AM   #14

Likes Given: 1

Default Feces / faeces, or 'fces' - as a weopon

I once lived in a house that had a resident Monkey. Having been rescued from a research labratory, this beast had been damaged, wearing old surgical scars on his head, as if brain surgery had been performed. It was very fearful of new people and loved to drink alcohol. This primate would swoop down on any suspecting visitors, grab their beer bottle, then flee to the heights of the wooden pole home, guzzling the beer: It's paranoia would then rocket out of control.

Point is: Improvised weopon? This Monkey would defecate in its own palm & then throw the self-produced faeces ...then taking advantage of the distracton to steal beer and flee. Could happen in an instant AND remarkably effective. People's reaction to faECES headed their way was always to duck, complain bitterly : focus totally on themselves and NOT their attacker.

I've since thought that *if the **** REALLY hit the fan*.... wouldn't similiar tactics provide perfection distraction for either a pre-emptive strike or a cut & run?

I know my body easily provides me with the necesary in times of terror. My early life was an education in *not "****ting myself" when faced with attacker(s)

I do accept tho that this concept is SO not macho ...tuff.

Also, I lived for many years in a Tropical climate, wearing shorts + thus having 'easy access' to such supplies. Down here in the BRrrrrrrr cold,,,jeans and belts make the scenario less simple.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:27 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scare_Rab View Post
I once lived in a house that had a resident Monkey. Having been rescued from a research labratory, this beast had been damaged, wearing old surgical scars on his head, as if brain surgery had been performed. It was very fearful of new people and loved to drink alcohol. This primate would swoop down on any suspecting visitors, grab their beer bottle, then flee to the heights of the wooden pole home, guzzling the beer: It's paranoia would then rocket out of control.

Point is: Improvised weopon? This Monkey would defecate in its own palm & then throw the self-produced faeces ...then taking advantage of the distracton to steal beer and flee. Could happen in an instant AND remarkably effective. People's reaction to faECES headed their way was always to duck, complain bitterly : focus totally on themselves and NOT their attacker.

I've since thought that *if the **** REALLY hit the fan*.... wouldn't similiar tactics provide perfection distraction for either a pre-emptive strike or a cut & run?

I know my body easily provides me with the necesary in times of terror. My early life was an education in *not "****ting myself" when faced with attacker(s)

Also, I lived for many years in a Tropical climate, wearing shorts + thus having 'easy access' to such supplies. Down here in the BRrrrrrrr cold,,,jeans and belts make the scenario less simple.

When I was a cop I got a call to a burglary at a pub out of hours. I found the guy hiding in the toilets, as I walked up to arrest him he turned round and pizzed all over me and the dog (I was a dog handler), and thought it very funny.......but eventually he ran out of pizz and it was time for me and the dog to chuckle!.................

Old 09-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #16

One of the most effective "always with you" improvised weapons I have seen is a common leather trouser belt. I have seen run of the mill punks use them pretty effectively twice now. Mostly by using it as a flail and striking with the buckle end.

A guy I work with who is very heavily into defense and all kinds of martial arts can do some pretty sick things with one, aside from the obvious whipping effect. In training he absolutley wrecked another guy with a knife by using the belt to trap and manipulate the other dudes arms, head and neck until he was subdued. That of course opened him up to my buddies strikes and other scary things.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:53 AM   #17
cbw

Lets not forget the good old rock! Hubcaps are fairly sharp and easy to pull off. Along the highway there always is some recap that flew off and they have steel wire in them to cut or make a good shield against knifes. Your belt buckle is good as you swing it.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scare_Rab View Post

Haha, this would make a great plot for a family guy episode.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Old 10-01-2008, 02:04 AM   #19

Likes Given: 1

Default The "ole Ball Point pen"

The "ole Ball Point pen" causes an awful lot of pain when forced into any one of many tender spots. Useful considering many of us work in offices wth "public access". * AND* all's we really want is for that mongrel to be letting go of whomsoever they have a hold of.

(Doesn't look bad on the security tape either; that's a bonus)

Remember tho --- if it were an Eyeball ; that'd be "deadly force"

Old 10-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 71 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Metal can lids are super sharp and cause bad infections within hours. Virtually any tool makes a great weapon.

Last edited by Mark F; 10-23-2008 at 12:32 PM.