Impact weapons - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Impact weapons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I carry a knife but it is more for work than anything else. But I don't like to discriminate so I would use just about anything I could get my hands on

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #12

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I carry a knife with thumbstud whenever I'm going anywhere it's legal to have a knife, and have carried a boomstick when going scuba diving in areas where a shark may want me.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 12-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Default Hi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark7980 View Post
I want to buy one medieval armor.so I am search online for this,I found this store.anyone has experience with them?
http://medievalsaga.com.this is some information from them:
Medieval Armor is a heavy metal dress with a metal helmet used to protect the knights and foot soldiers from scores during warfare war. today medieval armor use has been narrowed as a movie outfit or purpose. But whatever the purpose may be they have conquered the masses with their charisma.
<a href="http://medievalsaga.com">medieval armor</a>
Get ya one of these T-shirts and wear it around. Works just as well as that suit of armor...and is much, much lighter!

Nobody will even bother you...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Jack, while I luv you like a brother, I am going to have to boycott your shirt because NO ONE needs to be doing the HEINZ family any favors.

Need I say more??

teresa-heinz-kerry-202.jpg  

Old 12-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I don't carry anything special (other than the mandatory redneck lockblade clip-on), but i wear bigass shoes and would not be above smacking you silly with one or throwing one.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Get ya one of these T-shirts and wear it around. Works just as well as that suit of armor...and is much, much lighter!

Nobody will even bother you...

Hey, where do you get those man? The gal looks dangerous

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 12-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5631 Times on 2943 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecPro View Post
How many of you carry any kind of impact weapons? I didn't see any threads pertaining to this. Things like kubatons, ASPs, etc? I am a fan of everything EDC from knives guns etc. Just about anything I can use for SD. I'd like to hear what some of you carry and I will share some of mine.
back in 2003 the last time i was on a plane i carried a roll of quarters. poor mans nucs.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #18

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I carried a 30" ASP for a long time, but when I needed it the friction lock would fail after a couple of strikes and I would have one section of the telescopic sliding around. Then I was left with a useless tool I couldn't put down, couldn't really put away and to re-extend it, it had to be fully collapsed first. After that happened a couple of times, I put it back in the locker and got out our department issued 34" straight stick. Those worked every time, but were not convenient due to their size.

Our department at one point had the option for the deadblow baton, but after excessive force lawsuits and way too many serious injuries they dropped them. Those really worked, but they broke every bone they struck, even if the officer was not swinging hard.

If you are asking for personal carry make sure you check your laws. In CA it is a felony to carry an impact weapon and then another felony if you use it (unjustified of course).

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 12-17-2010, 01:41 AM   #19

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Carried a keychain Kubotan for years. TSA finally figured out what it was.

When I was working, used to carry a baton (short guy, extended my reach) Working in civvies, carried a blackjack. (lead, covered in leather, NOT for head strikes, but did well on sternum, knees, etc)

I am no longer concerned about disparity of force- I will ignore you unless you need shooting. I am not here to play, spar, or fence with a miscreant. My impact weapon now uses smokeless powder.
C3 I just love the way in which you reply. Straight to the point and humorous.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:43 AM   #20

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
I carried a 30" ASP for a long time, but when I needed it the friction lock would fail after a couple of strikes and I would have one section of the telescopic sliding around. Then I was left with a useless tool I couldn't put down, couldn't really put away and to re-extend it, it had to be fully collapsed first. After that happened a couple of times, I put it back in the locker and got out our department issued 34" straight stick. Those worked every time, but were not convenient due to their size.

Our department at one point had the option for the deadblow baton, but after excessive force lawsuits and way too many serious injuries they dropped them. Those really worked, but they broke every bone they struck, even if the officer was not swinging hard.

If you are asking for personal carry make sure you check your laws. In CA it is a felony to carry an impact weapon and then another felony if you use it (unjustified of course).
When you say deadblow baton are you talking about the PR24? My old man was good with one of those.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.