Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > I need help identifying this knife.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default I need help identifying this knife.

I have had this for a decade or two. Bottom of the picture with a Cold Steel Kukri Magnum Machete for size comparison above. Picked it up at an estate sale of a former Ambassador from the Kennedy era. There was a mid sized round shield (w/center spike) being displayed with it, but I didn't buy that. I figured they were novelty tourist items, but when I had a chance to bid on the blade I took it. $20. [Woulda dropped out at $40, but no one else bid.] I had ignored it for years, but pressed it into service as an emergency machete a few years ago. My opinion of it has gone up enormously. I am no longer sure that it was the maker who dipped it in chrome. This seems to be a very good steel under that reflection. The edge stays sharp even when chopping firewood. It easily slices hams too. The handle seems to be on solidly. It is single edged with a very slight curve to the blade. The blade is about .20 thick at the spine. I have been unable to find any marks or stamps on the blade.

imgp0060.jpg  

Last edited by canebrake; 09-03-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-21-2010, 07:04 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Looks like a re-make of a roman short sword. Or a really shiny pig sticker.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 08-21-2010, 07:31 AM   #3

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Hmm, actually I was speculating it might actually be some kind of falchion, but it isn't heavier at the tip and I think that is a requirement..

Frankly, having cut down 10 inch trees with it, chopped firewood with it, used it as a machete to hack Kudzu and raspberry, as well as slice country hams and separate rib roasts into rib steaks with it, I certainly hope to never meet someone trying to stick me with something like it.