I am giving you all permission to make fun of/berate me. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > I am giving you all permission to make fun of/berate me.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I would never make that purchase myself but have seen some fairly cool knives come in a set liek that. The dumb one that always gets me are the CD collections

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 02-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #12

Well, I don't feel as bad anymore about my dumb purchase but they still haven't refunded my money yet. I'll make sure I get it back though.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #13

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Most of those on TV "specials" have a "money back guarantee". Check the fine print. You may end up having to take the shipment, then return it eating the shipping charges. We all know the "I gotta have it" syndrome so you're not the only one.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:58 AM   #14

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Look just take the shipment and figure out what you paid per knife and double that with $5 shipping and put them all on ebay. You will have guys buying them like hotcakes. Because that 200 knives you got for like $100 right? if that is so that is 50 cent a knife even if it was 300 that is stil only $1.50 per knife. Mark them at $5 a knife and $5 shipping and your making about $3.50 profit on each knife.

Get the FREE USPS small flat rate boxes and they ship for $4.95 I think. So your even making a small .05 cent profit on the shipping.

You gotta look on the bright side of things. Heck go to the gun show they sell like hotcakes there too.....

Last edited by cpttango30; 02-18-2010 at 02:03 AM.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Look just take the shipment and figure out what you paid per knife and double that with $5 shipping and put them all on ebay. You will have guys buying them like hotcakes. Because that 200 knives you got for like $100 right? if that is so that is 50 cent a knife even if it was 300 that is stil only $1.50 per knife. Mark them at $5 a knife and $5 shipping and your making about $3.50 profit on each knife.

Get the FREE USPS small flat rate boxes and they ship for $4.95 I think. So your even making a small .05 cent profit on the shipping.

You gotta look on the bright side of things. Heck go to the gun show they sell like hotcakes there too.....
If it shows up at my door I may do this, that could put me right up there with getting that handmade local knife.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #16

They showed up last night and there is something that pisses me off more than almost every knife being a pile of junk. The kitchen knives are awesome. One piece steel hen and rooster with German steel (not sure what type but always better than Chinese). I know if I send this back I don't get to keep these awesome knives.

I shouldn't have even opened the box.

Also, some of these knives are just downright dangerous. I can close most of them with barely any pressure without touching the lock.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #17

Liked 126 Times on 78 Posts

Trust me. Nothing in that box has been anywhere near Germany!

Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDeShivs View Post
Trust me. Nothing in that box has been anywhere near Germany!
I really do feel like berating them on the phone about quality control and the possibility of hurting somebody with such a low quality knife but For now I'd rather just have my money back quickly.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #19

Live and learn.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Mrs. Noids and I were breaking in our Sam's Club cards a few years ago, and they made several announcements about a knife demo. Me being me (And needing a knife for cutting up really big fish) I wandered up to the demo to see what they were offering. About 30 seconds into the Eversharp knife demo, the woman doing the presentation cut the living sh*t out of her hand. Think "drizzling". Wrapped her palm with paper towels and continued on with the demo as the towels turned red. I bought the entire set, and haven't regretted it.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."