Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > How do you sharpen and take care of your knife?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I use a sharpening stone and it does a very good job of sharping my kitchen knives except the steel begins to degrade quite a bit. I got the stone at a local Orchard supply.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:44 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

not to dig up a semi-dead thread, but I just purchased three stones (medium, fine, and ultra fine grit) from Spyderco.

I have three words.

Ho. Lee. $hit.

I've never been very good at sharpening knives just with a stone, and it turns out it was all in my equipment and not my execution. I took Franciscomv's advice and worked on a few kitchen knives to get the hang of it, and I was highly impressed with the edge that it put on my knives.

Now, my Centofante4 has a nice straight-razor like edge so the entire cutting edge was nicely sharpened. I still cant quite get the upswept tips on my kitchen knives as sharp as the rest of the blade, but I'm working on that.