How do you carry your knife daily? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > How do you carry your knife daily?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 02:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALPhil View Post
When I carry a fixed blade, it is usually in the small of my back, horizontal for strong hand pull. I am partial to the Cold Steel Peacekeeper II, but I often carry others.
Where did you get a horizontal sheath for the Peace Keeper II? I've been searching for a good one for a while now.

"Is the average person stupider than he was a generation ago? Or do you just run into more stupid people because fewer stupid people are getting eaten by bears?" - Bill Maher

Old 07-10-2007, 02:46 AM   #12

When selecting a place to put my folder(s) I don't factor in what others may think since here in Oregon it is common place to see folders being carried on both man and woman.

What is paramount to me is carrying a folder were it can be reached quickly without any fuss. My main carry is a new generation Spyderco Gunting called an Lapu Lapu Corto (LLC), back right pocket of my 5.11's. Left side front pocket sits a Emerson Karambit and is easy to put into action because of the wave feature.

When wearing a suit my LLC moves to my belt in a vertical leather hoster and the Emerson sits in the exact same spot.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Where did you get a horizontal sheath for the Peace Keeper II? I've been searching for a good one for a while now.
I had to make it. It looks crude, but it works. I used ballistic nylon that I salvaged from a riggers belt, folded over lengthwise and sewn along the long edge for the sheath. Then I got two 1 inch nylon straps from Jo-Ann fabrics and mounted them crosswise and sewed + glued to the back side of the sheath to hold it on to my belt. I fasten them with velcro.

If I could find a reasonable source of kydex, I would try making one from that.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:34 AM   #14

Ken Onion 'Scallion' 1/2 serration, clipped in/on my front pants pocket.
Since I'm not in combat I don't need anymore knife than something sharp enough to open a letter or pointed enough to clean my fingernails...

Maybe you should ask about 'Gear Knives'...
Ask what hangs on your web gear...?

Old 02-12-2008, 11:20 PM   #15

Choice of many smaller pocket knives go in the front stronghand pocket

Old 03-10-2008, 12:57 AM   #16

whenever i have my ka-bar on me i use my belt to hold it, otherwise i carry my leatherman in my left pocket.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Edc

Usually carry a smallpocket knife(folder clip doesn't work in all places) and always otherwise carry and use all the time a Gerber EZ out; sometimes also a Leatherman and if hunting a good fixed blade and/or large folder/w/saw.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I carry a folding razor in my front pocket. I know, not too exciting, huh?

Old 03-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #19

Well I carry 2 knives at all times, cold steel ti-lite front pocket,kershaw spring assist back pocket,leatherman surge on belt & when camping crkt m60 on the belt plus all the above.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #20

I carry 3 or 4 knives everyday, on my right pocket an EMERSON CQC 13. On my left pocket CRKT M21-14SF, on my back pocket Smith & Wesson Karambit and Cold Steel Urban Pal neck knife. On my belt SOG EOD multi-tool.