How do you carry your knife daily?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > How do you carry your knife daily?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How do you carry your knife daily?

I was just wondering how everyone carries their knife everyday. Examples would be... on belt, ankle, etc.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I carry one of two Camillus knives (Cuda or an EDC) daily in my front pocket using the clip.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #3

Likes Given: 2

S&W SWAT in back pocket on clip, Leatherman Wave on belt.
If I'm camping or hunting, I also carry a belt knife.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default what I carry day to day?

Edged weapons? and Tools?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all

Ron Here = Seresurplus

I wanted to Bring up a topic that may seem to over look? Edged weapons and tools? I know we all wanna Look towards our firearms as the total anwser, but thats a bit short sighted? I see that a few Good, well made Knives and tools serve to back up my firearms as weapons and tools pretty well! I use the following:

1. Indian Contract Kukuri - It's a Good, short bladed type of Blade that does the work of a machete, long knife and Hell even a digging tool if necesary? I see the twin accessory Knives as crap, but have used them to srtike flint, as they as well as the Main blade is Carbon Steel!

2. K-Bar New Model with Black Kraylon Handle, a Leather sheath and my Old Desert Brown Extra sheath made of Plastic and Brown Nylon cover! This knive has supported my needs from the US to the Middle East And back! It's a good General cutting too, and it's 7" blade handles a lot of general Camp chores as well as a Great fighting Knife as well! The Tool of G.I. for over 75 years, this new model gives you all the great things about a K-Bar without the weakness of that Leather handle?

3. Gerber Multo Tool/ Leatherman Wave- These two Multi Tools travel with me everywhere and I find that they do a lot of Good, camp items, as well as a lot of light work in metal and electricl as well? I have one on me the other in the van Kit! If you need Plyers, a file, screwdrivers as well as a lot of other items they rock! YUP< you really should watch how much torque you put on them, or you will be sending them back for repair or doing it yourself?

4. Swiss Rucksack - A gift from my Fellow G.I.s when I retired, I find the Locking blade, extra lenght and thr saw blade great for working around water and Nylon line? Good small size that supports jobs too small for the K-bar?

5. Keychain swiss? - A smaller Model It has a razor sharp Knife, sissors I use often and it's always on my Key Ring Next to my P-38 Can Opener or P-51 larger can opener!

OK all, thats my short list, alltogether I didn't pay $200.00 for all these combined and have gotten years of great use and support from them? Whats on your belt or hiding in your Kit?

RON

Old 05-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I carry various edged tools, normally knifes, like guns in different positions dependent on the circumstance, situation or mission. I attempt to position them as alternatives or compliments to each other. Although I have my favorite positions, attempting to avoid Hick’s Law during some activities I find it wise to alter from the norm.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #6

Default knife carry

I carry 2, possibly 3 on any given day- one clipped to my belt
and one clipped to my back pocket. One is serrated, one isn't.
I also carry a very nice Buck knife that my son gave me, in a pocket.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:49 PM   #7

I carry a kershaw 2" silver lockblade on my key ring. course when I get to work, take off the keys. It's a pain in the pocket in and outa cars w/ keys in pocket. I got a couple of semi matching deer horn/obsidian knives I'll post if I can figure how to post pics. Dave

:D when in doubt, back up and punt:cool:

Old 07-08-2007, 01:41 AM   #8

My Applegate-Fairbairn mini-folder stays in my front pocket all the time.

When I carry a fixed blade, it is usually in the small of my back, horizontal for strong hand pull. I am partial to the Cold Steel Peacekeeper II, but I often carry others.

Last edited by FALPhil; 07-08-2007 at 01:43 AM.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #9

Default everywhere

I carry three KA-BAR TDI knives, one clipped on my left side, one strapped to the inside of my left ankle, and the larger one strapped to the outside of my right ankle. I also carry a gladius which can be very effective as well.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:40 AM   #10

I carry my "emergency knife" in a side pocket of my purse. That would be the CKRT Desert Cruiser which I found out the hard way is good at prying hinges off doors. And my Kershaw Blur, my "little tag cutter," goes in the left pants pocket. I haven't done it in a while, but once in a while the Cold Steel Peace Keeper II gets clipped to my belt in the back.

"Is the average person stupider than he was a generation ago? Or do you just run into more stupid people because fewer stupid people are getting eaten by bears?" - Bill Maher