How about some Ek?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > How about some Ek?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default How about some Ek?

A friend of mine collects Ek Knives. He has hundreds of them, from WW2 to now.

Ek has been committed to supplying knives of the highest quality to US Military members since WW2. For years they were only available to active duty Military members, with priority going to those on deployment.

I had done some work on his M14, and he wanted to send me a thank you gift.

So, when he asked me if I had any Ek Knives and I said "No", he sent me a care package.

First in line was the M5 Bowie with the shiny finish on the left. He had a used one, which is fine with me because it would get a lot more use. It lives in my drag bag.

After he sent me the first knife, the boxes kept coming. He sent me another NIB M5 with the matte finish and wood scale handles. A large dagger (shown here), a small dagger (gotta dig it out), a weird looking Blackjack Knife/dagger, a semi Bowie sheath knife and a LONG Blackjack blade that is almost a short sword. I'll dig them out in a bit and post the pics.

So the work I did on his M14 was about a $200 job, and he sent me about $1500 worth of awesome knives? WTF? I guess I'll be working on his Glocks next. The big Ontario is one that I've had for years, but tossed in this pic because it was on my desk.

Ek Knives are seriously cool knives, and the M5 Bowie's are insanely durable. I'm thinking about putting new handles on the daggers, and maybe the shiny M5.

Anyone else have any Ek's?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

At one time I had the bowie with the U.S. handle. I gave it to a one time buddy. Didn't care for the sheath so I traded it for an old K-Bar sheath. I carried a Commando for some time, also ditched the sheath and had one made.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 02-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

When I was younger I saw one of the EK daggers with black micarta handles in one of my uncle's catalog's.
Think it was a M3 or M4. I thought they looked really cool. Never did get one, I forgot all about them till I saw this thread

Awesome additions to the collection M14's

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 02-23-2011, 01:33 AM   #4

Default Dug out the others

So I just braved the cold weather in the garage (50f) to dig these out.

The long one on top is the Blackjack. It is about a 16" blade and "wafer thin" to borrow a line from "The Meaning Of Life". It lives in my old K5 Blazer.

The double edged dagger on the left is the other Blackjack. Very beefy blade design.
In the middle is another Ek, but I don't know the model. Australian Bowie, maybe?
On the right is the little Ek dagger. I was told that it is a prototype, but don't know. Gotta make a sheath for that one.

I also dropped in my small Cold Steel Carbon V Kukri. I have several CS Kukris and actually use them. Ha.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-23-2011, 01:35 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Very nice! I had never even heard of them before this.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-23-2011, 02:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Very nice! I had never even heard of them before this.
Check out their website, EkKnife.com, Don. John Ek was a patriot of the highest order. Passionate about providing knives to the troops.

They never got the fame of Randall, but make one hell of a good knife.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 02-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Talking about Top Shot, there shooting M-14s tonight Rock.

"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".

Old 02-23-2011, 02:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
Talking about Top Shot, there shooting M-14s tonight Rock.
Yep. Always fun to watch M14's in slo mo. My daughter is already antsy for it. Ha. Thanks for the heads up.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 02-23-2011, 04:16 AM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've never seen handle material like that on an EK. You just might have a prototype there. Giv ya $5.00 for it..........come on,before ya have time to think about it.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
I've never seen handle material like that on an EK. You just might have a prototype there. Giv ya $5.00 for it..........come on,before ya have time to think about it.
You mean the little dagger? It seems to be black paper Micarta.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI