Help me pick my new knife!!?? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Help me pick my new knife!!??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_H
JMA - This is a photo of my CRKT m16-10z. I carry this daily and it sort of fits your requirements - Blade length, finish, tanto style, etc. Under $50 also. I keep it sharp. For instance - I built a fence this last month and the many bags of concrete I needed were sliced open with it, used it in grad classes to cut up paper, the end has been torqued on quite a bit. I am pleased with its edge retention and size. For the price I believe it to be a good value. I've used and sharpened it enough that the transition from straight to tanto portion is a bit smoothed out -

http://www.crkt.com/M16-10-EDC-GlassFilledNylonHandle-AutoLAWKS-Combo-Edge?&search_id=496125

CRKT knives are not American made but I recently picked up several older CRKT knives and have dealt with their customer service. If you need a part or service they are very easy to deal with.

My sister in law and a friend took the larger versions to Afghanistan and said they held up to continuous use.

Dimensions
Open Overall Length 7.125 inches
Closed Length 4 inches
Weight 2.3 ounces

Blade
Length 3 inches
Thickness 0.08 inches
Material 8Cr15MoV
Blade-HRC 58-59
Finish Bead-Blast
Grind Hollow
Style Tanto
Edge Triple-Point Serrations

Handle Material Glass Filled Nylon
Liner 2CR13

Lock Type Locking Liner
Safety System AutoLAWKS

Carry System 1 Position Clip

Hope it helps in your decisions.
I am serious when I say man that I freakin love the CRKT M16 line more than any other line. It's amazing to me that they could capture the essence of tactical in a perfect way. From the special forces models to the different steels in the smaller models. If I could have ever model of the M16 line I would be a happy man lol. Ill make sure to post a picture of my new one. But here's a picture of my old one before it was stolen

image-2408487851.jpg