Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Got my utilitac 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Default Got my utilitac 2

Wow this knife is an incredible value!! It's a solid knife and exactly feels the way I like a knife to feel. I can say enough good things about it.

image-272216289.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Good looking knife. Whats it cost?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2701 Times on 1854 Posts
Likes Given: 542

Default New purchase

Sweet JMA!!

Yesterday was my 53rd B-Day,..so since I can't spend 2k right now on Guns,..I'll be buying a new Knife or two tomorrow @ big 5. sadly 90% of the blades there are 440 stainless, which is my absolute last choice for a blade.
I'm thinking Kershaw, buck, or case....your thoughts

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #4

Liked 1115 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Sweet JMA!!

Yesterday was my 53rd B-Day,..so since I can't spend 2k right now on Guns,..I'll be buying a new Knife or two tomorrow @ big 5. sadly 90% of the blades there are 440 stainless, which is my absolute last choice for a blade.
Which 440 stainless? 440A pretty much sucks as a knife steel. 440B is acceptable -- Randall used to use it in their stainless blades, but not that great. 440C was the "wonder steel" of the early 70's, and still one of my favorites.

If a knife simply says "440 stainless" it's probably 440A, and not that high of quality.

The Utiltac is made from AUS 8, which, while not a super steel, has pretty good performance for a blade steel.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum

Which 440 stainless? 440A pretty much sucks as a knife steel. 440B is acceptable -- Randall used to use it in their stainless blades, but not that great. 440C was the "wonder steel" of the early 70's, and still one of my favorites.

If a knife simply says "440 stainless" it's probably 440A, and not that high of quality.

The Utiltac is made from AUS 8, which, while not a super steel, has pretty good performance for a blade steel.
I bought the Kershaw Burst(on Sale-reg. $44.95, sale price $21.99!) it says the Steel is 8CR1.....It does have an assist open, and you can reverse the beltclip....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I've had the same Old Timer for 20 plus years it still keeps a sharp blade and always works in a pinch. Not as fancy as you all are talking about but a damn good pocket knife.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvillegator
I've had the same Old Timer for 20 plus years it still keeps a sharp blade and always works in a pinch. Not as fancy as you all are talking about but a damn good pocket knife.
Gotta Love SIMPLE!! I feel the Same way about My Older WINCHESTER Branded Buck Pocket knife, and my Leatherman Tool..which I now have 3 Of: one in the Escape, One in the Range Box, and one on me at all times..

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater
Good looking knife. Whats it cost?
Honestly you can pick one of the awesome folders up on eBay for 30$. I have never in my life had a 30$ knife that was this high quality. If this was a spyderco the price tag would have been at Least 100$

Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
Sweet JMA!!

I personally am not a fan of buck. However try do make some nice blades. I would go after kershaw. Before buck and I don't even like kershaw that much lol. Usually the lowest quality steel I will buy is 8cr13mov

Old 07-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical

I personally am not a fan of buck. However try do make some nice blades. I would go after kershaw. Before buck and I don't even like kershaw that much lol. Usually the lowest quality steel I will buy is 8cr13mov
I got the Kershaw Burst(mdl. 1970) with Speed Assist Open & Glass filled Nylon stippled grips for $21.99 + tx...Half off list!...
Tuesday the $$$ took a turn for the better so i'll be getting a few new Guns after all...His & her's FEG Hungarian Walther copies in .32ACP...($200 Ea.) a Beretta ARX-160 short carbine in .22LR for her, and the EAA CataMount Fury II Semi-Auto AK pattern 12Ga. with a case & extra Mags....(3-5 rds.,1-10 Rd. & one 25 Rd. Drum....)
We were gonna got today, but The Wife had another Migraine....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.