Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Got my utilitac 2 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/got-my-utilitac-2-a-93974/)

JMAtactical 07-16-2013 01:55 AM

Got my utilitac 2
 
1 Attachment(s)
Wow this knife is an incredible value!! It's a solid knife and exactly feels the way I like a knife to feel. I can say enough good things about it.

Attachment 110245

towboater 07-16-2013 03:13 AM

Good looking knife. Whats it cost?

DrFootball 07-16-2013 08:22 AM

New purchase
 
Sweet JMA!!

Yesterday was my 53rd B-Day,..so since I can't spend 2k right now on Guns,..I'll be buying a new Knife or two tomorrow @ big 5.:D sadly 90% of the blades there are 440 stainless, which is my absolute last choice for a blade.
I'm thinking Kershaw, buck, or case....your thoughts

txpossum 07-17-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball (Post 1305844)
Sweet JMA!!

Yesterday was my 53rd B-Day,..so since I can't spend 2k right now on Guns,..I'll be buying a new Knife or two tomorrow @ big 5.:D sadly 90% of the blades there are 440 stainless, which is my absolute last choice for a blade.
I'm thinking Kershaw, buck, or case....your thoughts

Which 440 stainless? 440A pretty much sucks as a knife steel. 440B is acceptable -- Randall used to use it in their stainless blades, but not that great. 440C was the "wonder steel" of the early 70's, and still one of my favorites.

If a knife simply says "440 stainless" it's probably 440A, and not that high of quality.

The Utiltac is made from AUS 8, which, while not a super steel, has pretty good performance for a blade steel.

DrFootball 07-17-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum

Which 440 stainless? 440A pretty much sucks as a knife steel. 440B is acceptable -- Randall used to use it in their stainless blades, but not that great. 440C was the "wonder steel" of the early 70's, and still one of my favorites.

If a knife simply says "440 stainless" it's probably 440A, and not that high of quality.

The Utiltac is made from AUS 8, which, while not a super steel, has pretty good performance for a blade steel.

I bought the Kershaw Burst(on Sale-reg. $44.95, sale price $21.99!) it says the Steel is 8CR1.....It does have an assist open, and you can reverse the beltclip....

Gvillegator 07-17-2013 01:48 AM

I've had the same Old Timer for 20 plus years it still keeps a sharp blade and always works in a pinch. Not as fancy as you all are talking about but a damn good pocket knife.

DrFootball 07-17-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gvillegator
I've had the same Old Timer for 20 plus years it still keeps a sharp blade and always works in a pinch. Not as fancy as you all are talking about but a damn good pocket knife.

Gotta Love SIMPLE!! I feel the Same way about My Older WINCHESTER Branded Buck Pocket knife, and my Leatherman Tool..which I now have 3 Of: one in the Escape, One in the Range Box, and one on me at all times..

JMAtactical 07-17-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater
Good looking knife. Whats it cost?

Honestly you can pick one of the awesome folders up on eBay for 30$. I have never in my life had a 30$ knife that was this high quality. If this was a spyderco the price tag would have been at Least 100$

JMAtactical 07-17-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball
Sweet JMA!!

Yesterday was my 53rd B-Day,..so since I can't spend 2k right now on Guns,..I'll be buying a new Knife or two tomorrow @ big 5.:D sadly 90% of the blades there are 440 stainless, which is my absolute last choice for a blade.
I'm thinking Kershaw, buck, or case....your thoughts

I personally am not a fan of buck. However try do make some nice blades. I would go after kershaw. Before buck and I don't even like kershaw that much lol. Usually the lowest quality steel I will buy is 8cr13mov

DrFootball 07-19-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMAtactical

I personally am not a fan of buck. However try do make some nice blades. I would go after kershaw. Before buck and I don't even like kershaw that much lol. Usually the lowest quality steel I will buy is 8cr13mov

I got the Kershaw Burst(mdl. 1970) with Speed Assist Open & Glass filled Nylon stippled grips for $21.99 + tx...Half off list!...
Tuesday the $$$ took a turn for the better so i'll be getting a few new Guns after all...His & her's FEG Hungarian Walther copies in .32ACP...($200 Ea.) a Beretta ARX-160 short carbine in .22LR for her, and the EAA CataMount Fury II Semi-Auto AK pattern 12Ga. with a case & extra Mags....(3-5 rds.,1-10 Rd. & one 25 Rd. Drum....)
We were gonna got today, but The Wife had another Migraine....


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:53 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.