Flamethrower? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Flamethrower?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Aren't you supposed to get a jel by mixing Styrofoam and gasoline? Start saving those packaging peanuts and coffee cups!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:20 AM   #22

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

This is starting to read like, The Anarchists Cookbook. Making napalm! I had to double check to see what forum I was on.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 12-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9356 Times on 4034 Posts
Likes Given: 1469

There are several means of producing a thickened fuel for improvised flame weapons. Most of them will not work in a flamethrower. US Army used M4 thickener. It is a powder that does not attract water (as many thickeners will), chemically it is anadi-acid aluminum soap of isooctanoic acids made from isooctyl alcohol. Not to be confused with napalm, (napthenic and palmetic acids- no longer used) Search for aluma-gel thickeners. Little more complicated than tossing a styrofoam cup in a can of gas.

In case something happens, tho...........................

Can I have your guns? And the Stupid is not the only thing that burns.

And yes, I worry the hell out of the neighbors.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
There are several means of producing a thickened fuel for improvised flame weapons. Most of them will not work in a flamethrower. US Army used M4 thickener. It is a powder that does not attract water (as many thickeners will), chemically it is anadi-acid aluminum soap of isooctanoic acids made from isooctyl alcohol. Not to be confused with napalm, (napthenic and palmetic acids- no longer used) Search for aluma-gel thickeners. Little more complicated than tossing a styrofoam cup in a can of gas.

In case something happens, tho...........................

Can I have your guns? And the Stupid is not the only thing that burns.

And yes, I worry the hell out of the neighbors.
Im pretty sure the thickeners they use is classified.. at best no forn. Bathtub napalm is hardly anything like actual napalm at all. it just forms a substance very similar to silly putty that is extremely thick and burns for a long period of time. It does not stick to anything but will melt latex gloves. However in my younger days i mixed it with some thermite and called it granola... granola was quite a bit different than regular bathtub napalm. It burned hotter, stuck to stuff and burned for a longer period of time. The dirt where i tested it on was still flamable 3 months later... Oddly the next year grass grew significantly faster in that one spot than anywhere else in the yard.

p.s. i would not recomend using it for fertilizer or making any your self. I do not know if it is against the law but do the goons really care if its against the law or not? I quit making it when i was investigated by the FBI. They where just trying to scare us cause we where kids but it was still anoying having to avoid blacked out sedans all the time.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9356 Times on 4034 Posts
Likes Given: 1469

Just FWIW, I never post anything that is not open source- or someone will come pull my clearance, bend my dog tags, and take away my birthday.

M4 thickener is not classified- or technically, used by the US any more- flame weapons (as in flamethrowers) were pulled from the inventory several years back.

As far as the guys in the cheap suits- We have a working relationship. They do not give me a bad time, and when they are students in my class I do not give them a bad time.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:32 AM   #26

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I suspect this is not quite as legal as you might think...

My Motto: Vanquish Fear & Panic!
---------------------------------
My blog: GunGator's Gun Blog

Old 12-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I can tell you how to make a flamethrower.I have a few actually.

Just take a supersoaker and put bondo or something around the tip to prevent meltage.Hang a wick in front of the barrel and fill with gas instead of water.

Springfield Armory 1911 TRP,two of them,in Simply Rugged holsters for the summer and Andrews double shoulder holster for winter.

Benelli MR1 AR-15 with Surefire light/laser.

Benelli M2 with Surefire light.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Last Flamethrower I saw for sale was on www.arizonashooting.com

as I recall it was around $5,000 and came with a 50gal barrel of fuel.
Easy to buy with no paperwork required. Actually a guy by the handle of "Dangerous Bob" builds them, he was selling them for $7,500 includes training.

Last edited by billdeserthills; 12-30-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

LOL! When i saw the title, i thought you guys meant the lil things used to burn off weeds & such (propane tank & valve setup).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:40 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I want to meet "Dangerous Bob".

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams