Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Fixing a bent tip (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/fixing-bent-tip-29701/)

falseharmonix 07-26-2010 03:20 PM

Fixing a bent tip

I've got a Case folder that used to belong to my late father. The tip is bent a little bit, but was sort of straightened out. But it is not a perfectly straight blade, still a slight crease where the bend was. Is there any D-I-Y way to fix this at home? The blade is not worth much monetarily, but has sentimental value to me.

Franciscomv 07-26-2010 09:52 PM

It's hard to get it 100% perfect. What sort of pattern is it? Maybe you can grind the blade a bit to get ready of the damaged part.

Depending on the blade size and style it could be turned into something different, a mate of mine turned his Case slimline trapper's blade into a nice wharncliffe after he busted the tip. It wasn't too much work and the knife looks great.

Pictures would help.

DrumJunkie 07-26-2010 11:17 PM

If you can find a pretty hard core Case collector you might be able ot get your hands on another blade. I've known a couple people that trade knives that will take them apart and replace damaged blades.

canebrake 07-26-2010 11:44 PM

Did you bend the blade or did you get it that way?

If you got it that way why would you want to change something with sentimental value?

I'd just save it the way you got it.

falseharmonix 07-27-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 320789)
Did you bend the blade or did you get it that way?

I bent it using the blade to pry something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 320773)
If you can find a pretty hard core Case collector you might be able ot get your hands on another blade. I've known a couple people that trade knives that will take them apart and replace damaged blades.

Replacement blade might be an option. I think there might be someone in town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franciscomv (Post 320728)
It's hard to get it 100% perfect. What sort of pattern is it? Maybe you can grind the blade a bit to get ready of the damaged part.

Pictures would help.

I'm not sure exactly what model it is. Its a locking folder, of the "gentlemen's type". Nothing fancy, but its pretty and nice when I cant carry a heftier blade. I'll see about a camera.

canebrake 07-27-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falseharmonix (Post 320804)
I bent it using the blade to pry something.

Oh, that will take hours of therapy to resolve this issue! http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/1rimshot.gif

Franciscomv 07-27-2010 02:58 AM

If having the blade replaced is not a problem, the contact Case. They'll fix it for you. A mate of mine sent in his dad's peanut, which was worn and beaten up (one of the scales was cracked) and they fixed it.

You can get in touch with the folks in charge of repairs here: repair@wrcase.com

UnderFire 07-27-2010 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franciscomv (Post 320916)
If having the blade replaced is not a problem, the contact Case. They'll fix it for you. A mate of mine sent in his dad's peanut, which was worn and beaten up (one of the scales was cracked) and they fixed it.

You can get in touch with the folks in charge of repairs here: repair@wrcase.com

Yeah, right there is the answer. ^^^

The hardware store in town is a big "Master" dealer for Case. Us locals, if we have repairs needing to be done to our Case knives we bring them to the store and the owner sends it off to Case. Once in awhile Case will use his store for a promo Case Knife Show. People from miles around bring in there old broken Case knives and have them fixed or resharpened to that razor edge again.
This year the show is in November. :)
Quote:

I'm not sure exactly what model it is. Its a locking folder, of the "gentlemen's type". Nothing fancy, but its pretty and nice when I cant carry a heftier blade.
falseharmonix,
On the blade there should be a tang stamp with the model #. Hopefully that can be a start. ;)