Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > First bow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default First bow

I am shopping for my first bow. I do not know a whole lot about archery but I am excited to get into it. I went to a local shop and fondled a pse brute. I like the way it looks and feels for what it is worth. The owner is a nice guy who was really pushing me toward this bow. I was wondering if any of you have experience with this bow. If so do you have any words of wisdom for me. I am looking to spend around 400 but no more than 5.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1978

The brute is a decent bow for someone just starting out . For a little bit extra I would buy the bowmadness its just a all around better bow , quieter and a little bit faster and just a overall better quality bow. if you cant spend anymore than what the brute costs it will still be a great bow for your all around needs . Im a bowtech guy but you name it I have probably shot the brand at one time or another as a staff shop shooter . put it in your hand and see how it feels and balances if it doesnt feel that great to you your not going to shoot it as well as one that feels better and balances better take a look at the diamonds, martins, and bear bows , they will also have something in your price range of that same bow . Good luck and good shooting

Old 10-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #3

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thanks. Obviously the selection is a little weak at the local shops this time of year. I think I am going to take a step back and put in the time going store to store until I find something I can't live without. I don't see my budget changing a whole lot, I can't imagine spending a fortune on a first bow. I will post a pic of what I end up bringing home.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1107 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
Thanks. Obviously the selection is a little weak at the local shops this time of year. I think I am going to take a step back and put in the time going store to store until I find something I can't live without. I don't see my budget changing a whole lot, I can't imagine spending a fortune on a first bow. I will post a pic of what I end up bringing home.
There are plenty of complete ready to shoot bows for $400-$500 so look around a bit , basspro, cabelas, gandermountain , your local shop . There really just isnt a bad bow out there any more , Dont get roped in with the whole speed thing , I would rather shoot a smooth drawing quiet bow over a faster, louder, un smooth drawing bow any day . I would also look at at buying a 50-60# bow instead of a 60-70# a 60# maxed out is more effecient then a 70# turned down to 60# . 60# will kill most any animal here in the US without a issue . All I hunt mid west deer with is 61# . If you have any questions give me a hollar .
PH