Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Finally had to put it down! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/finally-had-put-down-58498/)

dango 02-22-2012 04:20 PM

Finally had to put it down!

About 40 years ago,I started my quest for skill in the oriental weapons field.I'd been into martial arts for 3 years and just wanted to extend my reach a bit. What better weapon than the sword?In the forty years I have had many names,Katana,the Samurai.Over the edge,over the hill,etc..
Just awhile back I had some injuries that have made it time to lie the sword to rest.It's been loyal and fullfilling.The end of the Samurai!

dango 02-29-2012 09:23 PM

What,no one got nothin to say ? This ain't a sob story,it's a rebirthing,hell I ain't dead yet. Still a formidable old fart.:D

scottybaccus 02-29-2012 09:54 PM

I guess there aren't many blade fans around here.

I'm no swordsman, but I can relate to your predicament. I used to be quite sharp in drag racing, and even a fair competitive shooter, but bad joints, changes in muscle tone and eyesight have pushed be to the back of the line. What I am good at is leading the troops. I'm finally as wise as I thought I was at 18. I finally have the experience I thought I had at 25. I am absolutely more cunning and evil than my younger self could have ever imagined! These days, i thrive on showing the youngsters how it's done, then watching them do it well.

earl1412 02-29-2012 10:03 PM

I agree with scottybaccus, I'm way more cunning and much more subtle than when I was 20 something. Just wish I could remember it all!:p

orangello 02-29-2012 10:04 PM

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/31024112-1.html

Perhaps a compromise?
;)

The bayonet on my Norinco SKS is fun & pointy. With a Mosin Nagant's bayonet, you could keep a distance (think chinese spear).

dango 02-29-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottybaccus (Post 724486)
I guess there aren't many blade fans around here.

I'm no swordsman, but I can relate to your predicament. I used to be quite sharp in drag racing, and even a fair competitive shooter, but bad joints, changes in muscle tone and eyesight have pushed be to the back of the line. What I am good at is leading the troops. I'm finally as wise as I thought I was at 18. I finally have the experience I thought I had at 25. I am absolutely more cunning and evil than my younger self could have ever imagined! These days, i thrive on showing the youngsters how it's done, then watching them do it well.

Sir you humble me,a teacher and a hero . In teaching , you save lives and teach people coping skills witch have taken you a life time,I bow to you!

John Force , one of my heros.

dango 03-01-2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earl1412 (Post 724493)
I agree with scottybaccus, I'm way more cunning and much more subtle than when I was 20 something. Just wish I could remember it all!:p

So many years and mistakes ago,I'm also better than ever.:D

dango 03-08-2012 11:55 PM

Got really good news today . I went to see new doctor because I did not have a lot of faith in old doctor. I brought my Katana with me and told him about the 40 years . He agreed and said becarefull ,slow and easy. When I get rid of some rust I will post video ! Happy , happy !

dango 03-11-2012 11:43 PM

Just came in the house and layed the sword to rest for tonite. Did some simple kata and not feelin to bad , in the morning , I'll see how I feel and take it from there. I was wrong , Old Samurai never die we just smellmthat way !:D

dango 03-11-2012 11:44 PM

Just came in the house and layed the sword to rest for tonite. Did some simple kata and not feelin to bad , in the morning , I'll see how I feel and take it from there. I was wrong , Old Samurai never die we just smell that way !:D