fighting knife with file work. - Page 18
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

fighting knife with file work.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #171
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Both do.....HD would prob b cheaper mon ami

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Thanks, I'll run by there and get a couple. I just have to decide how big I want the pins.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:11 AM   #172
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Thanks, I'll run by there and get a couple. I just have to decide how big I want the pins.
1/8" will work great

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #173
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
1/8" will work great

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Yeah, thats what I'm kind of leaning towards. I found a place online that sells brass/bronze rods pretty cheap. http://www.onlinemetals.com/ I just have to make sure they don't charge a lot for shipping. I'll also get the brass/bronze for the guard there too. (can't decide between the brass and the bronze. I may just go with the brass because I know it is easy to work with, and looks great when polished.)
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #174
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Yeah, thats what I'm kind of leaning towards. I found a place online that sells brass/bronze rods pretty cheap. http://www.onlinemetals.com/ I just have to make sure they don't charge a lot for shipping. I'll also get the brass/bronze for the guard there too. (can't decide between the brass and the bronze. I may just go with the brass because I know it is easy to work with, and looks great when polished.)
Ya id ask griff where he gets his rods to

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #175
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
griffin81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: heber springs,arkansas
Posts: 1,017
Liked 414 Times on 228 Posts

Default

Ace hardware sell plain brass rods. The aluminum I order through work but I've seen aluminum rods at hobby shops a lot for cheep.
1/8 welding rods will work also I'm told and lowes sells small packs I've where they have that bins of nuts and bolts it's in the hobby drawer at all the stores I've looked at it's higher but it should work great.

play the victim, be the victim
griffin81 is offline  
R1D2 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #176
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin81 View Post
Ace hardware sell plain brass rods. The aluminum I order through work but I've seen aluminum rods at hobby shops a lot for cheep.
1/8 welding rods will work also I'm told and lowes sells small packs I've where they have that bins of nuts and bolts it's in the hobby drawer at all the stores I've looked at it's higher but it should work great.

play the victim, be the victim
HD and Sears is about all we have around. Hobby lobby may have some though. I'll just have to look around.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #177
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
griffin81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: heber springs,arkansas
Posts: 1,017
Liked 414 Times on 228 Posts

Default

I'll send u some 1/8 brass with your knife today.

play the victim, be the victim
griffin81 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #178
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Sweet. Thanks.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #179
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
griffin81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: heber springs,arkansas
Posts: 1,017
Liked 414 Times on 228 Posts

Default

Well it's a holiday, so it will be shipped tomorrow. I work most holidays so I was unaware.

play the victim, be the victim
griffin81 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:12 AM   #180
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
griffin81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: heber springs,arkansas
Posts: 1,017
Liked 414 Times on 228 Posts

Default

Well I finished my buddies knife today and I gotta say for my 8 th compleat knife and I've done two blanks this one is awesome. What do you guys think?
Thanks for looking.
Griffin

image-3670549983.jpg

image-1145859012.jpg

image-1674325606.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1674325606.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	39758

image-423691788.jpg

image-2630052520.jpg

image-544166785.jpg

play the victim, be the victim
griffin81 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Handmade Fighting Bowie Knife with Elk Antler Handle and Sheath rp50817 Sponsor Display 5 07-11-2011 01:51 AM
Lanyard on a fighting knife ...Plus's + minus's ? Scare_Rab Other Weapons 6 11-09-2008 04:36 PM



Newest Threads