A few Military Blades
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > A few Military Blades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default A few Military Blades

A very nice 1905 Bayonet with not so nice, but original leather scabbard. The bayo is much nicer than this pic shows and is as close to mint as I've seen. Below that is a "Medical Bolo". A WW1 issued knife for clearing brush to construct field hospitals. Later surplussed off to the Forrest Service for the same use.

A few of my favorite Ka-Bar/Mk2 knives.

On the left is an unissued Mk2. But when it was delivered to me a few years ago, the Seller shipped it in the scabbard so it has a slight drag mark. Jeez.

In the middle is what is known as a "UDT". Early in the Vietnam war the UDT divers requested a knife that did not rust due to salt water exposure in harbors and estuaries. The Navy had a batch of Ka-Bar and Mk2 knives sent back to Camillus to be chrome plated and have a water proof leather washer handle installed. This is one done at the factory and exhibits the "bright" chrome finish. Some knives done were new, and some were refurbished.

Next is a Mk2 knife done "in theater". The Navy eventually decided to have knives chromed in country to save time. These knives were not disassembled prior to chroming. The chrome is "flatter" finished, and the the leather handles were not sealed prior to the chroming. The handles have a distinct look and feel to them. It has the theater modded scabbard. Nylon webbing rivetted to the scabbard and the word "Mermaid" etched into the fiberglass. Leg straps added, too.

The bottom two are a couple of my Cold Steel knives on which I replaced the handles. Rubber removed and replaced with Micarta.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. If so, I have hundreds more that can be dug out and posted. These pics were on my camera.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2011, 02:26 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Nice bunch of steel Rock. But, when it comes to you,I would expect any less,oh and I hate you.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 01-31-2011, 02:30 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Nice collection Rock.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 AM   #4

Thanks, Gang.

At the old house I had every inch of wall space in my gun room covered with blades, shields, and other cool militaria. I gave away a bunch of it when we moved, and the rest is wrapped up in big rubbermaid totes in the garage. So far at the new house I only have some African spears and shields hung up, with a couple of Pinoy bows in the corner. But I'm thinking about digging out some of the bayonets and knives and hanging them in the new den.

I always upgraded blades when possible, so ended up with lots of multiples. Some of the old blades are truly beautiful. The French Gras, Chassepot and Belgian Berthier bayonets, especially, are works of art. And I have a mint WW1 German "Butcher" Bayonet. It is the blued finish police version and looks like it was just made this week.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-31-2011, 04:31 AM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

More Bayonets, Please.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:42 AM   #6

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Damn Rock you've been holding out on us! Hellz yeah get to posting some more steel. I myself don't have but a few knives, mostly utilitarian, but I sure do love to gawk at them.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

My Navy MK3

168026_1512704708508_1561123865_31080197_7047131_n.jpg   168631_1512705188520_1561123865_31080203_3729743_n.jpg   180857_1512704428501_1561123865_31080196_3079972_n.jpg  

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
More Bayonets, Please.
Great. Classic military blades and all Shi wants is bayonets. Fine. Stay posted.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 01-31-2011, 04:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Damn Rock you've been holding out on us! Hellz yeah get to posting some more steel. I myself don't have but a few knives, mostly utilitarian, but I sure do love to gawk at them.
Ok. I have plenty, just gotta dig them out of their current resting place.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #10

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Nice stuff.