Favorite slipjoints

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Favorite slipjoints

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default Favorite slipjoints

A few weeks ago there was a thread in this folder asking people to post pictures of their Buck 110's, which I thought was a great idea. Fewer people posted pics than I thought the subject warranted.

But, since it is the 4th and right now I am bored, I thought I would try start a thread asking people to post pictures of their favorite traditional slipjoints.

Here's one of mine: an old KA-BAR trapper with stag scales:

kbar.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Although I intellectually prefer modern lock blades for actual use I still have a drawer full of traditional slip joints. There's just something about them!

In terms of pattern, I have to say my favorite is the large Trapper. It's big enough to use for a lot of everyday chores, has a nice selection of blares and isn't too big or bulky for pocket carry. Of the 8-10 Trappers I own, this on is probably my favorite.

image-883437548.jpg

It's a Case knife with Red Stag handles. Supposedly Red Stag isn't as durable as Sambar Stag but I love the warm, reddish color.