Favorite Knife - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Favorite Knife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

My primary carry... Benchmade AFO, secondary... Cold Steel TI-LITE

t-_afo.jpg  

Old 03-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

To carry the knives are part of multi tools. On the collection front it would be these switch blades. Sorry though I don't have pic's of them seprate from guns.

tripple-20threat.jpg  

Old 03-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
If you look hard enough on the internet, nothing is LE/military only. Those Auto Strykers are supposed to be LE/mil only.
maybe but ive never seen them advertised any where but their website. i tried to order one but you had to call with your officers number or service number available

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 03-15-2009, 11:02 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIGGER View Post
To carry the knives are part of multi tools. On the collection front it would be these switch blades. Sorry though I don't have pic's of them seprate from guns.
HOLY CRAP KIDS!!! That's an Automag!!

*respect* Trigger - Nice collection....

JD

Old 03-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #15

Liked 11 Times on 3 Posts

i almost forgot
my favorite knife is an old ka-bar little fin
my grandfather gave it to my uncle when he moved out and my uncle had a rough life. He was homeless in and out of jail but no matter how tough things were he always had that knife it was actually the only thing he ever held on to. He passed away from cancer when i was about 11 and he left the knife to my grandmother with instructions to give it to me when i became a man around 16 my grandmother passed away and she left it to my aunt. when i graduated the knife was passed on to me with a letter on the whole story of the knife. Its in a box now and i have an exact image of it tattood on my right leg.
thats is by far my favorite knife

a split second of man made perfection dialogue, speed, and direction.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
HOLY CRAP KIDS!!! That's an Automag!!

*respect* Trigger - Nice collection....

JD
You know your gun's it is a TDE / Lee Juras 44 with the 8" upper. The gun is unfired and still has the original cosmoline in side. I was told that less than 200 were ever made. The knives are italian made 18" switch blades with horn grips. Did you notice the mag in the 1911? The SA is a fredom arms 454 casul I'll have to post some of my other guns some time but they are NFA's and I suppose they would have to go in the nfa section.

Last edited by TRIGGER; 03-16-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I wish I could just pick one knife! I'd be a rich man. Knives are my number one hobby and obsession. I've carried and used a lot, both in the city and outdoors, and I've met some of my best mates through knives as well.

Anyway. My favourite slipjoint is this one:

It was made for me by Diego Attwell, inspired by the knife found with George Mallory's remains. I use it a lot, the O1 blade takes a wicked edge. You can see some pics of the building process here: Álbumes web de Picasa - Francisco - Lambsfoot

When it comes to friction folders I like them simple, this one from Mariano Gugliotta is fantastic. The wood is beautiful and the 52100 blade is awesome as well. It was made for a trip to the UK, so I could have a cool legal EDC.

Last edited by Franciscomv; 03-16-2009 at 01:18 AM.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:00 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of one hand opening folders, but I've got a few (I can't deny they are handy!). This is one of my favourites, a Benchmade Ares that's been modified. I had the boxy G-10 handle cut out and replaced with ironwood.

For most chores I prefer a fixed blade, Scandinavian knives are fantastic for the price. Even the cheap ones work well. This is a Finnish pukko I'm rather fond of:

However, my "go to" knife for the past year or so has been this one from Mariano Gugliotta. I don't usually like micarta handles, but this one is nice. It's very comfortable. The differentially heat treated 5160 blade is fantastic, I love spearpoint blades-

When I need to do some serious chopper, the knife I enjoy the most is this golok by Mariano Gugliotta (yes, I like his work, we've got very similar tastes in knives and he's a good friend of mine as well).

Old 03-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

And finally, the most important knife of all: the barbecue knife! Prime Argentine meat deserves a nice blade and clean cuts. This one has some elements of traditional Argentine knives. It was made by a young bladesmith, M. Yannoni. He has some very nice designs.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #20

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

For a kitchen knife I prefer a 7" Santoku Knife for general cutting and chopping. I prefer J.A. HENCKELS. They are tought as nails and will hold a razor sharp edge for ever.

hk61850-1-.jpg