Favorite EDC steel - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Favorite EDC steel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF

What kind of auto repair do you do with your knives?
Come on man, I don't regularly do auto repair with my knife. I am saying if by chance I got into a situation where I could make a quick fix and was stuck out I could use my knife an not worry. I don't know about you but in my experience its been better to prep and be geared for the worst and train like you will have minimal gear or tools at your disposal. I like to carry a blade that I feel will be able to not just cut open my gummy worms bag but can also be used in a SHTF situation.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 540 Times on 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical

Come on man, I don't regularly do auto repair with my knife. I am saying if by chance I got into a situation where I could make a quick fix and was stuck out I could use my knife an not worry. I don't know about you but in my experience its been better to prep and be geared for the worst and train like you will have minimal gear or tools at your disposal. I like to carry a blade that I feel will be able to not just cut open my gummy worms bag but can also be used in a SHTF situation.
Ok what kind of experience do you have?
That you think I do not, have .

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 08-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #13

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

forumrunner_20130819_113750.jpg

I carry two. Top one is a mora carbon steel. Holds a great edge. Use it for dang near everthing.
Bottom one is a Leatherman freestyle. Most likely a 440 of some type. Ok edge, easy sharpin. Use this blade more than any other.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF

Ok what kind of experience do you have?
That you think I do not, have .
I think your feeling that I am trying to attack you sir and I am not. I am only making a statement of how I view life and how I personally prepare or such things. Every year I do a two week survival course in the Texas plains and I always stress the importance to my survival buddy or partner if you will of having a knife( which is the most important part of a survival kit) that can do anything you want. I usually carry my Glock field knife as it can be used and abused and take it. But I do not know you nor do I know your personal experience. If you feel or felt I was tryin to saying I'm better I must inform you that you took it the wrong way. And I mean no offense at all. The point is you won't always have a set of tools on you or a pry bar or screw driver so why not be prepared for that situation. That's the way my father trained me am thats the way I train my friends and family as well. Of course I agree that if you have the tools for the job use them always. It would be foolish I risk your knife on a job you have a tool for. But again you don't always have those tools in every situation

Old 08-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 540 Times on 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical

I think your feeling that I am trying to attack you sir and I am not. I am only making a statement of how I view life and how I personally prepare or such things. Every year I do a two week survival course in the Texas plains and I always stress the importance to my survival buddy or partner if you will of having a knife( which is the most important part of a survival kit) that can do anything you want. I usually carry my Glock field knife as it can be used and abused and take it. But I do not know you nor do I know your personal experience. If you feel or felt I was tryin to saying I'm better I must inform you that you took it the wrong way. And I mean no offense at all. The point is you won't always have a set of tools on you or a pry bar or screw driver so why not be prepared for that situation. That's the way my father trained me am thats the way I train my friends and family as well. Of course I agree that if you have the tools for the job use them always. It would be foolish I risk your knife on a job you have a tool for. But again you don't always have those tools in every situation
I never for one second thought you were attacking me. I just asking you a question .

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"