Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Emerson Knife Company

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Emerson Knife Company

Anybody an EKC fan? I am, carry a Super Karambit daily. Hoping to get a CqC7 Wave soon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #2

I have owned 3 CQC 7's. The first one went to buddy on a trade, and I have two more with the wave feature. I think for the money, they are the best knife around and easily beat out others in the price range. The CQC 7 is my favorite for size and carrying all the time. Initially I thought the wave thingy was a gimmick, but with a little practice it is very quick and functional. Good luck.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 05-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #3

used to like emerson when he was working with benchmade but ever since then he has just gotten a really big head and as far as him be the best for the money not even close mirotech,benchmade,spyderco ar all far superior to anything emerson makes

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 05-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #4

I still stand by my original post. Benchmade is probably on par, but Microtech is not in the same price range. Spyderco's plastic handle junk that doesn't hold an edge. But you know how are opinions are...

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 05-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
I still stand by my original post. Benchmade is probably on par, but Microtech is not in the same price range. Spyderco's plastic handle junk that doesn't hold an edge. But you know how are opinions are...
Well, Im gonna have to disagree with you on this one. I was recently on an FTX where I saw my buddy's CQC 8 break when prying. Then, the tip on my Super K-Bit broke off when closing it because the torsion screw came loose. That was just unacceptable to me, so I went out to find the strongest folder, and so far it has been spyderco that has outshone the competition.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW

Old 05-22-2008, 02:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfire View Post
Well, Im gonna have to disagree with you on this one. I was recently on an FTX where I saw my buddy's CQC 8 break when prying. Then, the tip on my Super K-Bit broke off when closing it because the torsion screw came loose. That was just unacceptable to me, so I went out to find the strongest folder, and so far it has been spyderco that has outshone the competition.
I still like Emerson, just weary of them for now.

MESA TACTICAL REVIEW