Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Dillinger vs. Benning: This is Spartan!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/dillinger-vs-benning-spartan-21199/)

Benning Boy 12-17-2009 05:14 AM

Dillinger vs. Benning: This is Spartan!!!

Some time back, I expressed an interest in Cold Steel's Spartan folder.

I was looking for the do-all, ultimate SHTF knife.

Production was delayed forever. Of course, since J.D. has the inside track on everything, he had one immediately after it was released. He taunted me, even used it as a lure to get me back here during one of my absences.

Thanks to the generosity of an anonymous benefactor, I now possess this knife.

The purpose of this thread is threefold:

1) I'm calling J.D. out. He is a man of action. I consider myself to be the same. As tempted as I am to put this blade in the safe, I have to know if my faith was justified. I propose a series of cutting challenges, to be recorded here. I welcome suggestions as to what you would like to see us do.

2) To see if the knife is worthy of the name. I fully intend to abuse it beyond warranty. I will cut anything, I will pry stuff open. I will envision a zombie apocalypse, and imagine what I might need the knife to do, and do it. If the knife survives, I want my brothers here to know that you can stake your life on it.

3) I want Cold Steel, and Lynn Thompson, to see this as a grassroots consumer test. If the knife is good, you guys get an unbiased and honest assessment from one of your own, and you should buy it. If it sucks, you will hear that, as well, and Cold Steel could gain valuable feedback. They should probably send us freebees to test, as well.:D

Two of us, cutting everything on two coasts with the same knife, should offer a fair challenge to a knife named for some of the greatest warriors ever to grace a battlefield.

That is, if J.D. is up to it.:rolleyes:

Mark F 12-17-2009 12:32 PM

That is one "butt-ugly" knife. I hope it functions better than it looks...

Benning Boy 12-17-2009 02:20 PM

1) The Spartan as a personal grooming appliance.

The following images are real. I have neither the understanding nor the capability to Photoshop anything, I just now figured out how to upload pictures from a digital camera.

Benning Boy 12-17-2009 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Benning before.

Pardon the disguise, but I don't need Tango putting my image in gay p0rn or milk cartons.

Benning Boy 12-17-2009 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Post Spartan Benning.

Jess 12-17-2009 02:25 PM

you shaved your head with a KNIFE????

Benning Boy 12-17-2009 02:33 PM

How it went down:

I actually wanted to save this as my nuclear option in my duel with J.D., but then I figured it might be better to do this before I got into serious blade abuse. And now, I perfectly resemble the character Kratos from God of War.

I didn't do my entire head with the knife. I did about three huge swipes. This was not the fault of the knife, but the unnerving sound of hundreds of hairs snapping off at the skin.

Yes, it is shaving sharp out of the box. There's proof.

I won't be doing that again. Visions of a trip to the E.R. and explaining why half my scalp is on the floor being picked over by my dog put a halt to a repeat of this demo.

IGETEVEN 12-17-2009 02:41 PM

HOOAHH!! Did that close shave not bring back any past fond memories of related persona hygiene field adaptation, my friend? ;)

Jack

Benning Boy 12-17-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jess (Post 200673)
you shaved your head with a KNIFE????

Well, classy lady of the forum, after all,

This...is....SPARTA!!!!!:mad::eek::eek::eek:

Jess 12-17-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 200681)
Well, classy lady of the forum, after all,

This...is....SPARTA!!!!!:mad::eek::eek::eek:

you have a very nice head...color me impressed...now to get JD to shave...I'm thinking legs??