CS Recon 1 not so good
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > CS Recon 1 not so good

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Default CS Recon 1 not so good

I just got a recon 1.... It sucks!! I was very disappointed with it. The blade has a super cheap coating and the handle is not strong at all. This knife has a lot of blade play when closed and somethin inside the handle rattles?? Wow I expected for from am 80$ knife. Thank jeebus I didn't pay that for it

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2013, 02:24 AM   #2

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1917

Wow man I'm sorry to hear about this. I've never had a problem with CS knives. Have you contacted them about it?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19
Wow man I'm sorry to hear about this. I've never had a problem with CS knives. Have you contacted them about it?
No I have it up for trade on my trading page. I may been a knife snob but man it just feels cheap and the blade play is awful. I dunno man I don't think all CS knives are crappy but this one in particular is not worth the money at all

Old 09-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #4

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1917

If you go for another CS knife, look at the Voyager.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #5

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've never had any issues with CS knives, although I've only had experience with their fixed blades. For folders I normally go with Spyderco or Benchmade. Maybe some would say that makes me a knife snob, but those two brands have never let me down.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #6

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Sorry about the Recon. I have had good luck with their older Carbon V fixed blades.

I wonder what experience our forum members have with Ontario folders such as the RAT 1 and 2. They seem to hit your price range but as I said I've never handled one. Maybe find some reviews?

BM Griptilian isn't much more for the quality, warranty, solid axis lock.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_H
Sorry about the Recon. I have had good luck with their older Carbon V fixed blades.

I wonder what experience our forum members have with Ontario folders such as the RAT 1 and 2. They seem to hit your price range but as I said I've never handled one. Maybe find some reviews?

BM Griptilian isn't much more for the quality, warranty, solid axis lock.
My Ontario knives are top notch. Love love love them. The rat one will be my next knife
Old 09-10-2013, 03:49 AM   #8

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

You can get a rat 1 for stupid cheap, sub 30 bucks. I got mine second hand for 20 and it is awesome for what it is... The handles being slick is my biggest complaint. Fixed that with a redneck dremel texturing around the edges of the grip panels...

Old 01-28-2014, 03:12 AM   #9

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

Just to dig up an old thread an expand on the old thought... I received a Rat2 for Christmas (thanks sis!) And it has become my everyday companion knife. Lightweight and sized well for daily tasks and chores it is only matched by my Skyline for in pocket time... I prefer the way the Rat2 rides in pocket but the clip doesn't retain as well as the skyline. They both came freakishly sharp but I prefer the blade shape and grind of the Rat for just about every task. Add to that the low cost of this Taiwanese made blade and I am not concerned about putting it through its paces!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 11-15-2014, 04:21 AM   #10

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I own a Cold Steel Recon1 tanto, i love it. Its my go to EDC knife, it has no play, opens smoothly, stays razor sharp, and i really like the handle design. Ya the coating will come off with use, but isnt that expected with any knife when you use it?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis