crossbow or compound bow
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > crossbow or compound bow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default crossbow or compound bow

150 lb crossbow or 60-70 lb compound bow. Which is more powerful,accuracy, range

Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does. XD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #2

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem870forever
150 lb crossbow or 60-70 lb compound bow. Which is more powerful,accuracy, range
I prefer a compound bow over a crossbow. The crossbow is going to have a greater speed and is going to be more accurate at shorter ranges than the compound bow. However, it compound bow has a greater range. It all depends what you are looking to accomplish with the weapon.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #3

Liked 2188 Times on 1290 Posts
Likes Given: 475

Crossbow has more power and is easier to get more accuracy out of it, with less practice. It reloads slower, is heavier, and pretty expensive. some states do not allow hunting with crossbows, or restrict them to a narrower bow season than compound and longbows.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

I prefer the Crossbow,but my old wore out joints prevent me from shooting a Compound bow.
Accuracy depends on each shooter,not the type of equipment. I have no problem hitting the bulls-eye at 60 yards with my crossbow,but couldn't hit the side of a barn with a compound bow at 30 yards.
Don't get hung up on speed ratings,speed doesn't equal better and in most cases it equals=Noise,which is your biggest enemy when hunting with any type of string & stick throwing weapon.
90% of your shots while hunting will be 40 yards or less,so having a quiet shooting bow is what you want.

Whatever type of bow you decide on,I suggest going to all of the archery shops in your area and shooting as many different brands/types of equipment that you can before you buy one. If you decide on a compound bow,get fitted for it properly.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 07-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #5

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I prefer a compound it takes more skill to master and is harder then the crossbow but when i hit something I was aiming at or have a one inch group it just makes me feel awesome. Also around here it's just easier for me to find stuff for my compound we have a shop not to far away that sells anything you need they even can make custom arrows for yea and if they don't have it they can find it.

For younger shooters or people with physical problems I usually suggest a crossbow just because of how easy they are to use it's basically shooting a rifle.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED