A couple of new folders
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > A couple of new folders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default A couple of new folders

My wife and I had coffee with a friend today, and he handed over a few more gifts that he said were late birthday presents.

He gave me the large Cold Steel Rajah 2 a couple of weeks ago, and to day he gave me the CS Rajah 3 and the CS Folding Bushman.

The R3 is the smaller version of the R2 and may be suitable for EDC. The R2 will be used mostly when I'm out in the boonies.

The Folding Bushman is a cool, low priced folder with a unique lockback. For having a sheetmetal handle it is surprisingly comfortable in the hand. The lock is released by pulling back on the part with the small lanyard attached. Very sturdy.

Here is the R2 (for scale), along with the R3 and the Folding Bushman.

The Rajah's have the nifty little tab on the blade that snags on the pocket as you pull it out, flipping the blade open. The Folding Bushman has a small thumb stud, but the geometry is a little off for me. Might work better after it breaks in.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #2

Nice additions...Can I guess that they're sharp?

"I CAN'T SEE MY BALD HEAD IN THIS BULK HEAD, SAILOR! WHY IN THE HELL NOT? AM I NOT PRETTY ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SHINE IT SO I CAN SEE MY BALD HEAD?" ~Lt. Vincent Folvs~

"Let the Marines storm the bunker and get shot at. We'll just blow their asses up from 50 miles out to sea." ~Admiral Josh Chinres~

"If you hit your head on my ship, you'd better not get your blood on my deck, Sailor." ~Ensign Vincent Van Burq~

Old 04-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNWO View Post
Nice additions...Can I guess that they're sharp?
The evidence of their sharpness is two patches on my leg that are devoid of hair.

Smooth like an egg, as Dave Chappelle would say.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congrats Rock.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

That R2 is a great looking knife. Does it function well? Would you recommend getting one?

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 04-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
That R2 is a great looking knife. Does it function well? Would you recommend getting one?
It gets my 100% recommendation. Very well made, very smooth, and it opens from the pocket just like it was designed to do.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 04-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #7

Very user friendly tools and good looking too. Ok which gun did you promise your friend.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #8

Well I was just making sure. A buddy of mine used to give me knives just to get rid of 'em, and he gave me one so sharp you could shave with it (I did in fact) then he turned around and gave me one so dull it couldn't cut its way out of a paper bag. But then again, I'm not too sure he's all there. Either that or he's so drunk his brain swims in vodka. Who knows?

"I CAN'T SEE MY BALD HEAD IN THIS BULK HEAD, SAILOR! WHY IN THE HELL NOT? AM I NOT PRETTY ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SHINE IT SO I CAN SEE MY BALD HEAD?" ~Lt. Vincent Folvs~

"Let the Marines storm the bunker and get shot at. We'll just blow their asses up from 50 miles out to sea." ~Admiral Josh Chinres~

"If you hit your head on my ship, you'd better not get your blood on my deck, Sailor." ~Ensign Vincent Van Burq~

Old 04-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
Very user friendly tools and good looking too. Ok which gun did you promise your friend.
He gets his own guns. But then I work on them for him. He started off a customer when I had my gun store, and was such a pain in the butt that my partner refused to deal with him.

I treated him well and we became great friends. But he has never forgiven me for introducing him to the concept of Karma.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 04-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNWO View Post
Well I was just making sure. A buddy of mine used to give me knives just to get rid of 'em, and he gave me one so sharp you could shave with it (I did in fact) then he turned around and gave me one so dull it couldn't cut its way out of a paper bag. But then again, I'm not too sure he's all there. Either that or he's so drunk his brain swims in vodka. Who knows?
Cold Steel tends to ship their knives out sharp enough to shave. A very impressive edge for a factory blade. They used to sharpen their knives for $10, too. Not bad to have an old beat up knife and get the factory edge back on it for $10.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI