Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Could be fun...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 03:06 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Default Could be fun...

Anyone seen these or used them? I like me some crossbows, but this is ridiculously expensive.

Tactical Assault Crossbow - TAC 15

PSE: Precision Shooting Equipment - Crossbows and Accessories

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2010, 04:50 AM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Damn sharp and powerful unit. Range instructor had one at the range last summer. They are kick ass. If I ever have an extra $1300 to blow, I will definitely consider picking one up.

Love them crossbows and one that will fit to your AR lower, hell that's great combination adaptability. Was shooting 1 inch groups at a 100 yards, no lie!

Only drawback is you have to use the product's arrows, and they are little pricey as well, at $90 apiece.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I hunt with a man in his 60s with a bum shoulder and he uses a crossbow during bow season. That thing is SAH-WEET! It throws a a heavier bolt faster then a bow could ever dream of pushing an arrow. After shooting it I wanted to talk my Dr into writting me a note so I could hunt with one(required to use one here in NC).

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I use a crossbow to hunt here in Ohio. The state allowed crossbow hunting for anyone a few years back. The past 2 years, deer taken by crossbow nearly equal compound and long bow put together. The state has a minimum pull weight and min and max fps. Also a min cutting diameter for the broadheads.

All crossbow companies have their own bolts (arrows) and you need to use thier bows. The only crossover I know if is between Horton and Ten Point. That is because the guy who started Ten Point was a design engineer for Horton. (made in Ohio, thank you)

I believe the one that fits the ar lower exceeds Ohio's max fps.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!