Cops and Tazers - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

Cops and Tazers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 04:41 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

It's either tasers or guns... tasers can't kill right? I would rather be tasered than shot, if ever. Also, the police should know not to misuse it, like tasering a Granny, it was in the news... that was quite shocking to me..

Old 11-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #62
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6828 Times on 3631 Posts
Likes Given: 513

it all goes back to cooperating with law enforcement. we are not in a state of civil war yet. there is no reason not to cooperate with law enforcement. the desire for some to be a big belligerent douche is not a reason to take a good tool away from police.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #63

I am in favor of cops having tazers. In the county I am applying to, they carry their gun on one side (usually right side) and the tazer on the other side (usually on the left). So they have them on 2 different sides of their body. So a mistaken gun for tazer is pretty much BS.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
I am in favor of cops having tazers. In the county I am applying to, they carry their gun on one side (usually right side) and the tazer on the other side (usually on the left). So they have them on 2 different sides of their body. So a mistaken gun for tazer is pretty much BS.
If they are left-handed and right eye dominant, which side is the tazer on? What about if they are left-handed and left eye dominant, which side? What about if they are a rookie in their first ever firefight with people shooting back at them; can you be sure they couldn't possibly confuse the tazer for the pistol? I can see how it could happen, adrenaline, training failure, n00bs; stuff happens. We will hear more about that when a LEO accidentally pulls his tazer in a pistol-needed situation and gets shot.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #65

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
That isn't what happened in Okland Ca. The officer had the pistol and taser as you say , but pulled the pistol supposedly by mistake and shot suspect in back while being held face down by other officers .

Old 11-10-2009, 02:00 AM   #66

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
If they are left-handed and right eye dominant, which side is the tazer on? What about if they are left-handed and left eye dominant, which side?
I can't speak for all agencies, but the two agencies that I do ride-alongs with are required to keep them on separate sides. Which tool is on which side is up to the officer.

Quote:
What about if they are a rookie in their first ever firefight with people shooting back at them; can you be sure they couldn't possibly confuse the tazer for the pistol? I can see how it could happen, adrenaline, training failure, n00bs; stuff happens. We will hear more about that when a LEO accidentally pulls his tazer in a pistol-needed situation and gets shot.
And also, I would say if they have someone shooting at them, then the use of a firearm is justified.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
And also, I would say if they have someone shooting at them, then the use of a firearm is justified.

-Fred
Certainly, that was my point; confusing the two weapons will become a bigger issue when a LEO pulls his tazer when he needs his pistol and is shot.

I wonder if it would be easier to differentiate if the tazers were not even remotely pistol-shaped? Of course, that idea would probably not help accuracy with the tazer.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #68

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

All I can say is Name:  deadhorse.gif
Views: 41
Size:  3.3 KB

Old 11-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
All I can say is Attachment 7574
You want Rover's dinner to be tenderized now don't you?