Compound bow for beginner...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Compound bow for beginner...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Compound bow for beginner...

Ok, I bought my REM 700, .308, my EDC, SA XDm 3.8 9mm, now I'm thinking about a bow? Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2012, 12:56 AM   #2

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

depends how old you are and how much poundage you can handle, I shoot a old pearson with a 60 pound draw. Brand new bows are freakin expensive but usually you can find one at pawn shops. If you go that route then take a bag of cotton balls, rub one of the limbs and you'll be able to see if the limbs are cracked by the tiny pieces of cotton poking out.

I would also check with your local archery shot sometimes they have older bows for sale for good prices, you can adjust your bows weight and sometimes draw depending on how the bow is set up. A good archery shot will be able to tell you how long your draw length is as well as the draw weight of your bow. Newer bows are really nice but like I said they can cost out the ass.

If you have any question just PM me.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 04-26-2012, 05:43 AM   #3

Liked 138 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Hoyt Raider

Dan308
www.dtknives.com