Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Combat knife pic/info (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/combat-knife-pic-info-72328/)

R3c0n5n1p3r 09-13-2012 03:09 AM

Combat knife pic/info

2 Attachment(s)
I wanna know what's the best combat fixed blade made hopefully under $400 I carry a cold steel recon tanto and GI tanto I'm not a ka bar fan but I wanna know the ideas for combat fighting knives... I think personally the GI tanto for a $20 knife is the best knife all round for fighting / combat... Or any reason if ur on a budget...

kytowboater 09-13-2012 03:13 AM

Under $400....? Damn. Lol.

R3c0n5n1p3r 09-13-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater
Under $400....? Damn. Lol.

I know of a lot of pple that spend over $600 for there knife my friend got the spetznas knife hand made in Russia for $375 it's a sick knife but there are some that are way 2 expensive I prefer cold steel a lot cuz there awesome quality for cheap ... But I was looking at ideas I allready did a ton of research but I was looking 2 hear from pple that have carried in combat or have good ideas ...

Agent_H 09-13-2012 03:26 AM

I have used my CS carbon v recon tanto for more tasks than I can name as well as a SOG seal pup for camping/utility. Both are set up to attach to my gear and/or travel vertically on the back of my truck's passenger seat.

Kind of interested in Ontario Knife Company but I too would like to hear from some others on quality utilitarian/fighting steel.

R3c0n5n1p3r 09-13-2012 03:31 AM

I carry the carbon v recon tanto from cold steel it's my only cold steel made in the USA and I have used abused and beat the crap out of it and it looks fine coating looks good and it's been thrown beat into a tree and used as a step it's my fav knife I resharpened it and it can shave some 1 ...

trip286 09-13-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R3c0n5n1p3r
I was looking 2 hear from pple that have carried in combat or have good ideas ...

You don't like KA-BAR? It's what I carried in combat.

But really man, with a budget like that, I'd invest in quality tools, equipment, and material to make my own exactly as I want it.

R3c0n5n1p3r 09-13-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286

You don't like KA-BAR? It's what I carried in combat.

But really man, with a budget like that, I'd invest in quality tools, equipment, and material to make my own exactly as I want it.

True but my issue is I owned 1 and didn't like it plus sence it's a usmc stamped company it's way over priced for what it is , it cost more cuz it says ka-bar not for what it is and I'm us army so a usmc knife is not what I like idk y lol ...

trip286 09-13-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

True but my issue is I owned 1 and didn't like it plus sence it's a usmc stamped company it's way over priced for what it is , it cost more cuz it says ka-bar not for what it is and I'm us army so a usmc knife is not what I like idk y lol ...

=-O they make them plain, or stamped for all branches, and in different styles! I recommend you browse their website. Their prices are comparable to a lot of cold steel's stuff. It seems your not familiar with their entire line up. Just at a guess, I'd say they have probably 40 different variations of their classic fighting knife.

"come and see" http://www.kabar.com/knives/military-tactical

And I've never seen them cost as much as their website's msrp. Much cheaper prices can be easily found by walking into a store that carries them.

Fathead00 09-13-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

You're asking about a $400 knife, but I bought my Ka-Bar for $60 and that's over priced you say. I'm confused!!

xSTRIKERx 09-13-2012 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 58602

Who needs a knife when you have a RMJ Shrike