Cold Steel's folding knives that open with two hands.... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Cold Steel's folding knives that open with two hands....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Hunter - Have you checked the knives that feature an auto opening feature when they leave your pocket? I forget who is leading the way with them, but it will come to me here in about 5 minutes.

The feature a really good, strong blade, with a bit of a "J" shaped hook on the back of the blade, and when you remove it from your pocket, it catches on the double stitching of your jeans and automatically pops open, so you are holding an open knife, but it is not an auto assist or even a spring loaded blade. Your own force determines if the weapon opens or not....

Let me look for that company. I saw a demo at SHOT in 2007 and it was pretty cool. Wicked thick blade....
Aye'! I've seen those on YouTube. I think Cold Steel has a couple of knives like that where you would snag the hook end or rough quil on your pocket and it plops open.

I'll look around for those.....

Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Hunter - Have you checked the knives that feature an auto opening feature when they leave your pocket? I forget who is leading the way with them, but it will come to me here in about 5 minutes.

The feature a really good, strong blade, with a bit of a "J" shaped hook on the back of the blade, and when you remove it from your pocket, it catches on the double stitching of your jeans and automatically pops open, so you are holding an open knife, but it is not an auto assist or even a spring loaded blade. Your own force determines if the weapon opens or not....

Let me look for that company. I saw a demo at SHOT in 2007 and it was pretty cool. Wicked thick blade....
Jebus, that sounds worse than a pistol who's safety comes off as you clear leather.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #23

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Jebus, that sounds worse than a pistol who's safety comes off as you clear leather.
No, actually it can be removed normally and without issue. It's a kind of clever way around an "assisted opening" knife. If you take it out straight
it stays closed, but if you "draw" it, it comes open and you are ready to rock....

Old 03-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A pistol who's safety comes off as you clear leather sound good actually, when you are the type to draw to kill not the type that wants to show off his pretty little toy.

Not all of us are trophy hunters.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samples.32 View Post
A pistol who's safety comes off as you clear leather sound good actually, when you are the type to draw to kill not the type that wants to show off his pretty little toy.
The safety should come off just as the finger goes for the trigger. The finger should go for the trigger as the target is identified as a target and only when the shooter intends for the target to die.

In summation, the safety should only come off when the shooter intends for his properly identified target to die.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Last edited by matt g; 03-12-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #26

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Matt are you trying to get me stabbed with my new fancy $200 knife and shot with my new fancy $200 rifle? (Oh I am ordering a Mossy from the CMP)...

Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Matt are you trying to get me stabbed with my new fancy $200 knife and shot with my new fancy $200 rifle? (Oh I am ordering a Mossy from the CMP)...
Just trying to help a brother out. I know though, I'm having a hard time not ordering 2 of them.

That little $30 Al Mar is tempting too.

Roger Waters

Old 03-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yet again this isn't a problem if you only draw to kill. step one see the target step two draw your weapon step three aim and fire.

This really isn't a problem with me because Aaron has me trained to unholster the gun and immediatly flick the safety down (nearly all of our guns have the same safety we do this for a reason) He has also taught me never to draw a gun in an unsafe direction basically guns without safeties are not for stupid people.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samples.32 View Post
yet again this isn't a problem if you only draw to kill. step one see the target step two draw your weapon step three aim and fire.

This really isn't a problem with me because Aaron has me trained to unholster the gun and immediatly flick the safety down (nearly all of our guns have the same safety we do this for a reason) He has also taught me never to draw a gun in an unsafe direction basically guns without safeties are not for stupid people.
Bush league.

If you seek "tactical" training, the rules change. When you're stacked up with 5 or 6 buddies on an entry, or you're traveling overwatch up a street, under hostile fire, things are much different than they are when you're on a target range.

Different thread though, I'll let this one get back on track.

Roger Waters

Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

see this is true but in this case I wouldn't have the safety on on my gun anyway nor would I point the gun before knowing who I was firing at but I agree this is knives not guns.