Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   The Cold Steel SPARTAN (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/cold-steel-spartan-15328/)

Dillinger 07-02-2009 03:06 AM

The Cold Steel SPARTAN

4 Attachment(s)
If ANYTHING is going to get Benning Boy back around here, THIS WILL!!

So, about four months ago I ordered up a Cold Steel Spartan because it's just a damn cool name and Cold Steel makes some really great knives, but their hands always have been a problem. This new one had promise, and I was most interested, so I got on the waiting list...

And I waited....

And I waited....

And I WAITED.... :mad:

Finally it showed up on the doorstep and I whipped the package open, only to behold what is NOT a pocket knife, but a small sword in disguise.

Sweet Jesus this thing is big.... Take a look at these pictures.....

Dillinger 07-02-2009 03:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a few more pictures to give you an idea of how big this bastard is....

Dillinger 07-02-2009 03:13 AM

So, the handle is finally one that I can approve of, but it's too damn big to fit in my pocket.... LOL

I was thinking about sending it back, but the blade is so damn big, and sharp ( shaves hair like a razor right out of the box ) and I know for a FACT it will cleave flesh from bone, so I am keeping it. :D

This monster is going in my Storm Bag for when I am out in the cold, dark and blackness searching for whatever Mother Nature has done to the delicate infrastructure that is our power grid....

If you need a portable sword - I can DEFINITELY recommend the Cold Steel Spartan. It's a HELL of a knife. The blade is 4mm thick at the spine and the edge is sharp enough to shave hair and sever tendons deep beneath fat and muscle.

But, for a pocket knife, like in daily life..... not so much....

JD

Gojubrian 07-02-2009 03:44 AM

Cool HUGE knife!! :)

IGETEVEN 07-02-2009 03:01 PM

That's a nice knife, I will have to go up on the web and check out the specs on it. Now, more importantly, what are you gonna do with that $10 bill? :)

Dillinger 07-02-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 124213)
Now, more importantly, what are you gonna do with that $10 bill? :)

Use it to buy 8 rounds of .45ACP to add to my stock pile. ;)

Dillinger 07-02-2009 07:22 PM

*bump* So Benning will see this...

robocop10mm 07-03-2009 01:49 AM

I have always been fond of Cold Steel. I have a Bushman that I carried in Africa. Comforting to have a tough, sharp knife with versatility for less than $20.

Benning Boy 07-04-2009 04:24 AM

Okay, rub it in.

He didn't tell you guys that I had planned on this one long ago, and he feigned a passing interest, like "Oh, I guess that's kinda cool. Give a review when you get it."

He also left out that he personally knows Lynn Thompson, so he got a custom Spartan, I'm sure the real ones look nothing like that.

Anybody else would have used a $1 bill for scale, but that's the smallest he had, because he uses $1 bills for toilet paper. $5 bills are to light the Cuban he brought back from the Caymans.

And another thing, I..I..I need one of those.:(

Benning Boy 07-04-2009 04:13 PM

Cut any tubes, marine rope, sides of beef yet?:confused: