Cold Steel Paradox - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Cold Steel Paradox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Yes, the spring keeps it closed so its mandatory to use two hands to open it up. That's why this knife is legal. However, simply remove the spring... and its a Balisong.
You've done this? Now I've used a bali-song before but never took it apart. I would assume you had to unscrew the body of it to remove the spring. Hmmm.... now I'm tempted.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I picked this up from someone who posted it on another forum

"Yes, I have done surgery on my Paradox and converted it to an easily operated Balisong style knife. It works just as good as an Arc-Angel or a Benchmade Balisong 42. The modification involves rounding off the flats where the leaf springs apply pressure to the blade. I used a simple Dremmel tool and fine 400 grit sand paper. Once the knife is disassembled, look at the blade where the pivot holes are located. Notice the flat areas where the spring applies pressure. The knife takes three opening steps, each is caused by a flat section which can be seen about the pivot. You want to leave the inner flat area between the pivot holes untouched since this is what the spring will use to lock the blade in the open position. All the rest can be rounded off with a small grinding bit. Once you have them properly shaped, polish the metal for a smooth fit against the springs. I advise doing the rounding in small steps so as not to remove too much metal. You want the springs to apply a light pressure, but not so much as to hinder the motion of slinging the handles open. You can trial fit the blade into each handle using just one handle side and spring. Fit the blade and try it. Remove more metal until the rotating movement is easy, then stop. Remember, you can always take more off, not put it back on! Good luck, it turns the Paradox into the knife it should have been."