Cold Steel closeouts!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Cold Steel closeouts!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Cold Steel closeouts!

I thought I'd give you guys a heads up on some great deals on discontinued Cold Steel knives. They are selling some really cool knives at very convenient prices, for instance a Recon 1 is around $50 and the Talwar (which I never gave a second look because of the price) is around $168.

For those who like traditional slipjoints, their Camillus made Country Classics line is selling for $25 a pop! Those are great knives from a sadly gone manufacturer that was a big part of US cutlery history.

And for those who like folding pocket swords, the Rajah 1 with Andrew Demko's excelent Tri-Ad lock is going for $100!

Here's the link:
Seconds and Closeouts

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Excellent news Francisco. Thanks for posting.

While we don't mention the CS word around these parts because of their indifference to our Spartan testing ( ) - But, they still do make some good knives.

JD

Old 05-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Thanks Francisco!! It's always nice to have the inside track on sales like this.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Ordered a pair of Recon 1s, my sons birthday is soon and I need another good folder myself. Thanks Francisco!

Old 05-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
While we don't mention the CS word around these parts because of their indifference to our Spartan testing ( )
Yeah, that wasn't very nice of them. I've never been a fan of Lynn Thompson, but I do appreciate some of the knives they offer despite their company policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Ordered a pair of Recon 1s, my sons birthday is soon and I need another good folder myself. Thanks Francisco!
Recon 1s are tough! I'm sure you'll be happy with them. IMHO, they were a bit overpriced, compared to other folders in the same price range (most of which had better blade steel). I've been using mine for a while and I've got no complaints, sharp and strong.

Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure;
Men love in haste, but they detest at leisure.
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron), Don Juan
(canto XII, st. 6)

Old 05-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #6

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Nice. Thanks for the heads up Francisco.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Yeah, that wasn't very nice of them. I've never been a fan of Lynn Thompson, but I do appreciate some of the knives they offer despite their company policy.

Quoted for Truth!

I ordered a Recon Spear Point as well. At that price it would make a great gift or forum give away in the future.

As my good friend Francisco has patiently taught me, you can never have TOO MANY good knives.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 AM   #8

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post

Recon 1s are tough! I'm sure you'll be happy with them. IMHO, they were a bit overpriced, compared to other folders in the same price range (most of which had better blade steel). I've been using mine for a while and I've got no complaints, sharp and strong.
I've known Lynn Thompson for 20 years. He is a very strongly opinionated guy, but has never been out of line with me or anyone else that I have seen.

He did not seem to appreciate that I replace the rubber handles on his knives with Micarta, wood, or other materials, but he was not offended.

What is the CS company policy that is bad? I have sent a few knives that might have slipped through QC, and they have been replaced right away. And the CS parking lot sales are awesome.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-10-2010, 03:35 AM   #9

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Ordered a K4 neck knife and a Sax Machete.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #10

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I was looking at the neck knife and the spear point machete but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Great deals.