Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Cold Steel closeouts! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/cold-steel-closeouts-26966/)

Franciscomv 05-09-2010 04:18 AM

Cold Steel closeouts!

I thought I'd give you guys a heads up on some great deals on discontinued Cold Steel knives. They are selling some really cool knives at very convenient prices, for instance a Recon 1 is around $50 and the Talwar (which I never gave a second look because of the price) is around $168.

For those who like traditional slipjoints, their Camillus made Country Classics line is selling for $25 a pop! Those are great knives from a sadly gone manufacturer that was a big part of US cutlery history.

And for those who like folding pocket swords, the Rajah 1 with Andrew Demko's excelent Tri-Ad lock is going for $100!

Here's the link:
Seconds and Closeouts

Dillinger 05-09-2010 04:52 AM

Excellent news Francisco. Thanks for posting.

While we don't mention the CS word around these parts because of their indifference to our Spartan testing ( :mad::rolleyes: ) - But, they still do make some good knives.

JD

dunerunner 05-09-2010 06:21 AM

Thanks Francisco!! It's always nice to have the inside track on sales like this.

NGIB 05-09-2010 01:36 PM

Ordered a pair of Recon 1s, my sons birthday is soon and I need another good folder myself. Thanks Francisco!

Franciscomv 05-09-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 282658)
While we don't mention the CS word around these parts because of their indifference to our Spartan testing ( :mad::rolleyes: )

Yeah, that wasn't very nice of them. :mad: I've never been a fan of Lynn Thompson, but I do appreciate some of the knives they offer despite their company policy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 282721)
Ordered a pair of Recon 1s, my sons birthday is soon and I need another good folder myself. Thanks Francisco!

Recon 1s are tough! I'm sure you'll be happy with them. IMHO, they were a bit overpriced, compared to other folders in the same price range (most of which had better blade steel). I've been using mine for a while and I've got no complaints, sharp and strong.

NitroxAZ 05-09-2010 10:32 PM

Nice. Thanks for the heads up Francisco.

Dillinger 05-09-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franciscomv (Post 282730)
Yeah, that wasn't very nice of them. :mad: I've never been a fan of Lynn Thompson, but I do appreciate some of the knives they offer despite their company policy.

Quoted for Truth!

I ordered a Recon Spear Point as well. At that price it would make a great gift or forum give away in the future.

As my good friend Francisco has patiently taught me, you can never have TOO MANY good knives. :p

M14sRock 05-10-2010 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franciscomv (Post 282730)

Recon 1s are tough! I'm sure you'll be happy with them. IMHO, they were a bit overpriced, compared to other folders in the same price range (most of which had better blade steel). I've been using mine for a while and I've got no complaints, sharp and strong.

I've known Lynn Thompson for 20 years. He is a very strongly opinionated guy, but has never been out of line with me or anyone else that I have seen.

He did not seem to appreciate that I replace the rubber handles on his knives with Micarta, wood, or other materials, but he was not offended.

What is the CS company policy that is bad? I have sent a few knives that might have slipped through QC, and they have been replaced right away. And the CS parking lot sales are awesome.

cpttango30 05-10-2010 03:35 AM

Ordered a K4 neck knife and a Sax Machete.

NitroxAZ 05-10-2010 02:03 PM

I was looking at the neck knife and the spear point machete but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Great deals.