Closest I'll ever get


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Closest I'll ever get

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zhuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Aust
Posts: 2,031
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Closest I'll ever get

To my beloved AK!


Yes, it's a Yugo bayonet









Now I can take it out...feel its lovely weighty substance...and dream of what can never be. Yeah, I'm that tragic lol



__________________
zhuk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 06-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ACES 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 191
Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default I feel ya...

I come across them over here in Iraq all of the time. Tempting, but impossible.



__________________
ACES 6 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zhuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Aust
Posts: 2,031
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Ha just as impossible for me lol


You ever seen one of these?


__________________
zhuk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RL357Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Albany,New York
Posts: 3,251
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

God Save the Queen.....

__________________
Guns Have Only Two Enemies-Rust and Politicians
"The United States Constitution (c) 1791 - All Rights Reserved"
If Guns Kill, Do Pencils Mis-spell Words?
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
RL357Mag is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ACES 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 191
Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default I have!

I've not only confiscated several on past tours, but even had the opportunity to fire a few. Gold Plated, etc., it's amazing the effort some of these folks put into their AKs. I even found one in a trunk during a search that was completely chrome plated.

Of course, the current theater of operations is completely different than OIFs of the past. Getting less and less fun. Perhaps I'll get a trip to Afghanistan next. I can only hope. I'm a little tired of Iraq...

__________________
ACES 6 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zhuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Aust
Posts: 2,031
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES 6 View Post
I've not only confiscated several on past tours, but even had the opportunity to fire a few. Gold Plated, etc., it's amazing the effort some of these folks put into their AKs. I even found one in a trunk during a search that was completely chrome plated.
Yeah I guess heads would have rolled - literally - if not enough effort was put in, huh!

This chromed one is just superb:




Quote:
Of course, the current theater of operations is completely different than OIFs of the past. Getting less and less fun. Perhaps I'll get a trip to Afghanistan next. I can only hope. I'm a little tired of Iraq...
Be careful of what you wish for mate...I've heared from an SAS guy I know Afghanistan is a whole nother thing If you do go, stay safe!
__________________
zhuk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ACES 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 191
Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default One from OIF III

One of my finest Troopers found this one. From the way he's holding it, and that look in his eyes, I know he wanted to keep it.

ecp1_confiscated_ak.jpg  
__________________
ACES 6 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bobbyb13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 640
Default Jesus, almighty

Talk about a pimps AK. There it is. Thanks for the pictures.

__________________

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

bobbyb13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

LOL at the pimp AK's! Zhuk, are you gonna test out the wire cutting ability of the bayo/sheath combination?

P.S. If you happen to get to the southern U.S. before Obama takes our guns, i have a buddy with a semi-auto WASR10 you can plink with. I like it, but my SKS feels much more substantial.

__________________
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:16 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zhuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Aust
Posts: 2,031
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES 6 View Post
One of my finest Troopers found this one. From the way he's holding it, and that look in his eyes, I know he wanted to keep it.
Damn, can relate to that. I can get that feeling just from pics lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
LOL at the pimp AK's! Zhuk, are you gonna test out the wire cutting ability of the bayo/sheath combination?

P.S. If you happen to get to the southern U.S. before Obama takes our guns, i have a buddy with a semi-auto WASR10 you can plink with. I like it, but my SKS feels much more substantial.

Yeah plan to put it to some kind of use...since it can't be in it's natural enviroment

Now you're tempting me orangello! Only trouble is, if i did ever make it to the US...I might end up 'MIA' somehow & miss my return flight. And you're got enough illegals already, haven't you?


__________________
zhuk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes