Ceramic knives are awesome! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

Ceramic knives are awesome!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 02:32 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainskytop View Post
I would like to post photos but the site won't let me. I am using a iPhone4. Site says I don't have permission to post photos! WTH???
Post something in the tech support forum and/or PM a mod.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #12

Liked 159 Times on 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainskytop
I have the top of the line Presentation Grade black ceramic folding knife from this small shop in Canada! The product is awesome and they have a great high quality line of these fantastic knives! I bought mine a year ago and can't stop bragging about it! Ceramicknife.org
Checked out the website, nice! I want the exacto ceramic blades for hobby work, didn't know they made those! I know it's like comparing apples to oranges, but I bought a cheap-cheap ceramic blade at Harbor Freight awhile back for kitchen work, and have been very pleased. Your blades much higher quality I'm sure, so I'd love to see what it could do, especially over time.

BTW: I pulled this pic off the site since you were having problems posting a pic, hope I got it right
image-3850754932.jpg  

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 12-09-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I have a couple of Boker ceramic folding knives. The edge chips very easily so I have relegated them to the nightstand drawer. I bought them years ago so I could carry them on airplanes (before 9-11). The larger one has too much metal in it to get through the detector but it went through many an X ray machine without detection. The smaller one would got through most metal detectors and if it didn't it would go through the X-ray OK but I had to be careful putting it in the container so they didn't see it.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:01 AM   #14

Liked 159 Times on 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I have a couple of Boker ceramic folding knives. The edge chips very easily so I have relegated them to the nightstand drawer. I bought them years ago so I could carry them on airplanes (before 9-11). The larger one has too much metal in it to get through the detector but it went through many an X ray machine without detection. The smaller one would got through most metal detectors and if it didn't it would go through the X-ray OK but I had to be careful putting it in the container so they didn't see it.
That's IMPOSSIBLE, I'm calling you out on that one!!! We ALL know TSA doesn't miss a thing; they are too smart, too vigilant, and too highly trained for anything to go undetected (except for iPad's they like to steal those)

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 12-09-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:04 AM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Yup. You got me. They are infallible.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #16

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Ceramic knife.org

Has a nice selection and apparently supply ceramic tactical knives to Special Forces and LEOS too,
I paid $80 bucks for their presentation black ceramic folding knife shown on their site. Awesome knife and impresses everyone!