Case Knives
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Case Knives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Case Knives

Does anyone here have a Case knife, want to post a picture?

I am wondering if anyone else has old ones with the bone handles...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have a newer Case. It's a lockback Gentleman's Folder it has Micarta bolsters. It's a handsome knife and it spends most of it's time in a dresser drawer.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-24-2008, 05:33 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default yup

I have a couple of Case fixed-blades. Quite possibly the nicest factory made knife in America. Technical imbecillities make pictures an impossibility. Sorry.

Last edited by freefall; 06-24-2008 at 05:34 AM. Reason: mispell

Old 01-25-2009, 02:19 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

just found this thread you still interested in old case knives? i have some xx and tested xx

Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I've got quite a few of them in my collection, they make nice slipjoints for a fair price. The steel on their stainless blades is not very good, but their carbon steel (CV) blades are quite nice. I wish they offered more patterns in carbon steel.

It's a pity that they don't make any CV fixed blades, I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow after work.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
I've got quite a few of them in my collection, they make nice slipjoints for a fair price. The steel on their stainless blades is not very good, but their carbon steel (CV) blades are quite nice. I wish they offered more patterns in carbon steel.

It's a pity that they don't make any CV fixed blades, I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat.

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow after work.
have to agree with you on stainless steel blades. they are difficult to sharpen. case built the finest production folders and the widest range of models. older case fixed blade were carbon steel. their is a saying in the knife industry relating to folders it goes like this " if it doesnt rust, if it doesnt have bone handles, if it doesnt have a shield, it doesnt go in my pocket". having a fairly good pocket knife is like having a fairly good parachute.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-30remchester View Post
having a fairly good pocket knife is like having a fairly good parachute.
Amen!

There are some great stainless steels out there, but the usual stuff Case uses is far from the quality of premium stainless. I LOVE their CV knives, though.

For summer carry in my hot and humid corner of the world I've settled on an AG Russell Premium Scout. It's got all the nice features of traditional pocket knives (bone handles, nice shield which can be engraved and a bail), but the main blade is made out of 154CM, a rather nice stainless steel.

I do own a few stainless Case knives (all folders) I haven't had trouble sharpening them, but the edge retention is too poor for my taste.

I forgot to take the pics, I promise I will tonight!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:01 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Love the older ones, but it now seems like they are made as collector items first, and pocket knives second. Almost like the Franklin Mint of the cutlery world.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #9

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've got a cheap Case Mini Blackhorn Pocket Knife. It's just a blade and nylon handles. But, it works well doing all the things I expect a small pocket knife to do. When the economy improves a bit, I think I'd like to pick up a really nice one. They show Case Knives on the cheesy satellite TV shopping show called "The Knife Show" all the time.

The Case Mini Blackhorn Pocket Knife - An Inexpensive Pocket Knife Made in America - Associated Content

Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've got a Case collector's set someplace. The knives have fake scrimshaw, plastic handles. They were given to me as a gift about 20 years ago.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.