Brass knuckles - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Brass knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My buddy and I both metal detect and one day while out he found a set if old full brass knuckles. They are cool.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:13 AM   #52

Liked 241 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 12

A biker magazine used to carry ads for a replica WWI " Knuckle Knife " trench knife . The knife had a brass knuckle handle . The ad advised, " Put it over your mantlepiece. Only a fool would get caught carrying it . "

www.ruger.com : to reach your legislators and say " NO " to background checks .
supportsecondamendment.com : petition

Old 03-31-2013, 11:08 PM   #53

Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts

our first line of defense in our autos and in each bedroom is a 4/D cell maglight flashlight. I can never be accused of carrying an illegal weapon but it would be as effective as any other club like defense. Yet has other practical uses.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #54

Liked 241 Times on 169 Posts

A lot things can double as weapons : Tire irons, tire checkers , mini aluminum baseball bats, large pipe wrenches, a lug wrench, hatchets, a length of pipe...

Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #55

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts

We used to carry rolls of coins too. Dime rolls work the best, but penny rolls will work in a pinch. We always tried to improvise, it's amazing what determined teenagers can come up with!

Old 04-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Mine are in the shtf bag. They are there, but not ever in the open. Wshtf, It won't matter if you have them cause you will be arrested for breathing air.

Doin' what I can, with what I got.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #57

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

None of you have obviously used brass knuckles, when I was a kid me and a couple of my friends got jumped by a bunch of kids(us-5, them-12+) 2 of my friends luckily happened to have brass knucks on them. Although none of us got really hurt, my friends with the knucks both broke their hands using them in self defense. The best thing about them is its really hard to take them away when fighting with them, but if used properly you risk severe damage to your hands.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #58

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

We also all got arrested and it took 2 years and lots of eyewitnesses before they threw out assault charges. Although sold openly possession equates to a loaded gun charge.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #59
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1569 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 7988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I always thought a "fair fight" was one you lost..
Nobody ever wins a fight. The best you can hope for is to survive, or to be the last one standing. Walk away if you can, but if you can't, fight as if your life depends on it. it just may.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post
I'm all for self preservation and safety and will use what ever it takes to survive an attack, but some things we need to think about..

You have to understand the legal issues that come about from using force multipliers. Any fist-loads up the game. Brass knuckles, are clearly obvious for their intent. Whereas a Bic Lighter not so much, because it's reasonable to be carrying a bic lighter. Same for wearing jewelry (heavy rings) on your fingers, same effect but hard to prove intent Unless they are specific fight rings.

It's popular for many to praise the carrying of a baseball bat in your car, any DA worth his salt can prove intent. Now if that bat was carried in conjunction with a couple of base balls and a glove not so much.

Same goes for a regular fist fight, if you knock your opponent down and you can escape to safety that's what you need to do. If you knock him down and then kick him in the head your going to be looking at some serious time.

Novelty or not carrying on your person "brass knuckles" will get you into trouble. And cost you your 2A rights if a felony comes with it
Knees, nuts, nose, elbows, and sternum. All are good for taking someone out of the fight. Just make d@mn well sure that you are justified in doing what you do. Great post ST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner View Post
And nothing is worth losing your right to own a gun!!!
I would argue that. My life, I don't really care. Say what you want about me, hell, threaten to kill me for that matter. I could give a rat's azz.

Threaten my wife or my daughter on the other hand, save yourself a lot of trouble and run. if you don't, the least of my concerns is if I will lose my guns afterwards.

I never went looking for a fight. I can honestly say that in my own view, I have never one one. If it has gotten to the point that it becomes physical, I have already lost, because I have lost control of the situation. On the physical end of it, I have only been put down twice, and both times it took 3 or more attackers to beat me down. I was taught by my father, a 22 year Marine who joined in 1969, and a 3rd degree black belt in judo. He taught me most of what I know, and about half of what he knows. Basically, if it gets physical, every blow I deliver will be used to inflict as much damage as I can. Once the other person is down, then I will GTFO as quickly as I can.

The main thing my old man taught me that I have passed down to my daughter, there are no rules in a fight except to survive by any means necessary. Walk away when you can, but fight as hard and dirty as you have to when you can't.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?