Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Brass knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 03:14 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 364 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Panda, some people get their feelings hurt easily is all i can think of.
When i first got here i was pretty easily riled up as well. But id like to think i wasnt wound THAT tight

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #32
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16894 Times on 9788 Posts
Likes Given: 44061

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
When i first got here i was pretty easily riled up as well. But id like to think i wasnt wound THAT tight
you aren't! well maybe just a little!

JK! LOL

Old 02-25-2013, 04:27 AM   #33

Liked 364 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

you aren't! well maybe just a little!

JK! LOL
Haha Thanks

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #34
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16894 Times on 9788 Posts
Likes Given: 44061

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
Haha Thanks

you're welcome! just trying to help you out!

i do what i can, but it ain't much!

Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 AM   #35

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm
and when you end up in a court of law with an illegal deadly weapon calling it a paperweight isnt going to carry much water when its obviously a set knucks.

You can paint daisies on a landmine and screw in some bolts to the side and call it a piece of "yard art" but its still a landmine.
^^^^^^^^^epic^^^^^^^^^

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-07-2013, 03:02 AM   #36

Liked 183 Times on 126 Posts

Trip : I don't see your objection to kids getting hold of flowers . Maybe that's because I'm old & remember the " flower children " ( LOL) .
I had been wondering how paraphrenalia sellers could skirt the law ! I remember cheap automatic knives being sold in kit form . The " ballistic knife" was sold minus the spring, a part you can get at any hardware store - if you can find a hardware store .
I think the appeal of brass knucks is that you can use them as a sneaky way to win a fistfight while knife fighting is playing for keeps .
To ward off an attack, something with reach is better ( c-cell Maglite, expandable baton, hickory tire checker / mini aluminum baseball bat , knife, Surefire flashlight with striking head etc. ).
Brass knucks are probably illegal for the same reason as switchblades are : Some politician dreamed that bad guys would stop harming people if you banned their weapons , weapons they thought had no good purpose ( though you would expect politicians to value a good paperweight LOL ).

Actual use story : A security guard was challenged to a fight . He removed his duty belt complete with .38 revolver and went outside to fight . His opponent had brass knuckles and won the fight ...plus they fired the guard .

Last edited by Rentacop; 03-07-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Trip :
I think the appeal of brass knucks is that you can use them as a sneaky way to win a fistfight while knife fighting is playing for keeps .
Brass Knucks can, have, and do, kill when used by people that do not know how to use them. It is pretty much the same thing with blackjacks.

All of that said, if brass knucks were legal to own and carry, I would own and carry them along with a blackjack. When used correctly, they can stop a fight quickly and without doing much permanent damage.

Unfortunately, in most states, blackjacks, saps, and brass knuckles are in the same category as switchblades in the mind of the politicians. Only the truly evil ones would own, carry or use them. For that matter, in many states, whatever you carry as a weapon is considered a weapon if you use it on someone and not often covered by concealed carry permits. Apparently, it is more moral to shot someone than to thump their wrist with a blackjack....

LEOs are exempt of course and are expected to make decisions about what level of force to use, except for brass knucks which I don't think even LEOs can legally carry or use.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #38

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceMcCall

Brass Knucks can, have, and do, kill when used by people that do not know how to use them. It is pretty much the same thing with blackjacks.

All of that said, if brass knucks were legal to own and carry, I would own and carry them along with a blackjack. When used correctly, they can stop a fight quickly and without doing much permanent damage.

Unfortunately, in most states, blackjacks, saps, and brass knuckles are in the same category as switchblades in the mind of the politicians. Only the truly evil ones would own, carry or use them. For that matter, in many states, whatever you carry as a weapon is considered a weapon if you use it on someone and not often covered by concealed carry permits. Apparently, it is more moral to shot someone than to thump their wrist with a blackjack....

LEOs are exempt of course and are expected to make decisions about what level of force to use, except for brass knucks which I don't think even LEOs can legally carry or use.
What is a black jack? And how do you hit some one with brass knuckles and not cause serious damage?

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

ChanceMcCall Likes This 
Old 03-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5309 Times on 2915 Posts
Likes Given: 10142

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396

What is a black jack? And how do you hit some one with brass knuckles and not cause serious damage?
Kind of like a really short billy club only covered in leather. (Slap stick)

No offense and none taken

Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #40

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

You dont The whole reason for brass knuckles is to do damage

RRA Predator Pursuit 20"
RRA Entry Tactical
G21SF,G23,G27
10/22, MKII