Boy throws rocks at cars, shot by crossbow - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons >

Boy throws rocks at cars, shot by crossbow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 04:13 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 186 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 185

^^^^^ I agree when I was younger if I got in trouble the punishment could range from chores to an woopin, in some cases it was a woopin chores and running. But I deserved it, it was fair. With all theses jackasses stickin the noses in it kids arnt getting what we use to get hence there becoming spoiled little brats. A while back I was in walmart with my mom and there was this kid looked to be about 13 or 14 yelling at his mother for not getting something stupid I don't remember what it was but all I could think was someones doesnt beat there kid, if I did that at that age my old man wouldn't have hesitated he would have wooped me right on the spot.

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
I guess the passenger really did go a little medieval on his @55,but seriously,I think that the passenger is a scumbag to use a lethal weapon on anyone just throwing rocks let alone a boy.
Excuse me a rock can kill whether it's thrown by a boy or a man. I think the guys should have grabbed them and called the cops.
Joe-R

Old 09-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #43

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

A crossbow is a little extreme. One member says he shoots a crossbow, and guess what? I'll bet he probably hunts deer with it.

Yes rocks can kill, but is it LIKELY to? maybe bricks from an overpass sure, but standing on a street corner slinging gravel size rocks? (if that was the case) There is a difference between trying to stone someone to death, and being a jackass throwing a few at passing cars for giggles and grins.

One person I agreed with was whoever said a fusillade from a paintball gun would have been more appropriate. Heck I would even go so far as to say a fusillade from multiple paintball guns from multiple passengers.

And then chase the little bastard around the corner and pop his butt some more!!

Old 09-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #44

It was probably some P.O.S. pistol crossbow picked up for 14.99 off E-bay that would actually be more dangerous if it had been thrown at the kid. His injuries weren't life threatening so I would have to assume it wasn't a hunting crossbow. But, news sells when it's violent so the newsies had to make a big deal out of the fact that it was a crossbow. If the passenger had pegged the little stone throwing maggot with a rock it wouldn't have even been newsworthy for their blog. They should have stopped the car and served up the a$$ whipping the little punk so richly deserves.

Too cynical? I must be feeling my age this afternoon.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:30 AM   #45

Default Stryker CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
And I can pretty confidently say that it wasn't meant to kill him.
I shoot a Stryker Crossbow. It shoots a heavy arrow at 405 fps. The fastest of any crossbow. The scope has three dots for ranges, 20 - 40 & 60 yards. They are spot on and deadly.

Not meant for defense against kids with rocks but I can certainly understand thinking about it.