Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > bow shooters!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default bow shooters!

I have found that if you take a regular card board box fill it with cloths (all hard objects removed) you can shoot at it with a compound bow and it will stop the arrows easily. I have also found plans on the internet to make a better version that is better built and will last longer.

DIY: Lifetime Archery Target

It's not really new information but I just found a video of a guy doing the same thing...

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Many years ago I shot in an indoor winter league and the clubs setup was similar to what you just described with the rag filled boxes. I probably don't need to mention that this club had a very limited budget but these targets stopped the arrows at 20 yds. This was before carbon arrows quite a few years ago.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1808 Times on 982 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodeman View Post
Many years ago I shot in an indoor winter league and the clubs setup was similar to what you just described with the rag filled boxes. I probably don't need to mention that this club had a very limited budget but these targets stopped the arrows at 20 yds. This was before carbon arrows quite a few years ago.
Did you knap your own arrow heads?

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 11-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #4

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

it actually works better then I thought, just doing some standard testing with it, I have a 60 pound draw on my bow and at 4 feet it still stops it better then my $80 target did.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 11-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey unclebear ever shoot at The Bent Arrow?

Raywick