Bow Question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Bow Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 227 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 463

Default Bow Question

So I am thinking about getting a fuse intrepid, they have them near my place for 199.00. Does anyone know anything about them and if that is a good price? Thank you for any info.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Sorry I'm a longbow guy.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well I am thinking I am going to go and pick it up! I am new to bows and this is my first entry into one. I am excited to learn somthing challangeing and push the envelope on my self.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 03-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I did a little checking around on it. It seems the consensus is that it is a good entry level bow for the money. I just assumed it was a compound bow or as I like to call them a string driven rifle. I actually have a custom recurve that I use for hunting. It is also a takedown. I have never had a problem with it and it shoots great but it did cost me $1200. I don't know if you have checked around at all but you can usually get good prices from Lancaster archery. Look forward to updates.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok thanks a bunch for the info. I have been looking around and would love a Bear grizzley but it is a bit too much money for me at this momment. I figure I can get this for the 200 bucks and learn on it. It is a 60" with 45 pund pull at 28". I got to try it out yesterday at the shop and seemed ok. Just a little nervous on dropping 2 bills today LOL! I am a better judge of guns than I am of bows Thank you again.

--George Washington

Old 05-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok I got the fuse bow, its a 40 pund pull and lots of fun!

This is my first walk into archeray and I think I am going to like it alot! Took it out a few times and really had a blast!

--George Washington

Old 05-12-2012, 03:40 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Pictures!!

gun-day-187.jpg   gun-day-198.jpg  

--George Washington

Old 05-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5510 Times on 2877 Posts
Likes Given: 358

I highly recomend getting a book called shooting the stickbow by anthony camera. Its got fantastic info on different traditional type shooting techniques different string types tunimg bows etc. Kinda likethe abc's of reloading but for longbows and recurves

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok thanks for the info

--George Washington

Old 06-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #10

Hate the slapping noise of recurves