Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Blade I made yesterday.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 621 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 1083

Default Blade I made yesterday.

I'm looking for any comments.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
Camo, you are lucky to see it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1575 Times on 870 Posts
Likes Given: 4788

My only comment would be "Ditch it before the guards search your cell"

Old 08-23-2012, 04:14 AM   #3

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

^Lmfao. Bingo

Old 08-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #4

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL
And put it in a common area, above the door on top of the exit sign is a good place :-)

Why the shank fullauto?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 08-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

And put it in a common area, above the door on top of the exit sign is a good place :-)

Why the shank fullauto?
I haven't put the handle on yet, I just started making knives, and I'm trying to make my next one, not a shank.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Oh brother FA, I understand its your first, but toss that one and start with a bigger piece of material to begin with , old 10" circular saw blades work well as does old mower blades . Draw it out on the steel first with a marker and you can even use a hack saw to cut it if thats all you have it will work just fine .
Get yourself a nice little stationary 1 X 30 belt sander from harbor freight $39 and some metal files and get to grinding away . always use personal protection stuff , eyes, ears, and finger protection ,
Have fun and stay safe

Old 08-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
Oh brother FA, I understand its your first, but toss that one and start with a bigger piece of material to begin with , old 10" circular saw blades work well as does old mower blades . Draw it out on the steel first with a marker and you can even use a hack saw to cut it if thats all you have it will work just fine .
Get yourself a nice little stationary 1 X 30 belt sander from harbor freight $39 and some metal files and get to grinding away . always use personal protection stuff , eyes, ears, and finger protection ,
Have fun and stay safe
I was starting a bigger one that would be an actual knife, then during the middle my saw broke, it was both a PITA and kind of funny.

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
I was starting a bigger one that would be an actual knife, then during the middle my saw broke, it was both a PITA and kind of funny.
there are a few guys around here that make knives as a side business and some I believe as a living so stay tuned in and keep your eyes open .They will be able to help you more than I will but high carbon steel will keep the best long lasting edge . I have made a few that turned out nice to me , I will see if I can find the pics of my favorite. another option might be to buy blanks if you dont have the tooling to cut them well . there usually pretty cheap and you can modify them to how ever you want and build your own handles

Old 08-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc

there are a few guys around here that make knives as a side business and some I believe as a living so stay tuned in and keep your eyes open .They will be able to help you more than I will but high carbon steel will keep the best long lasting edge . I have made a few that turned out nice to me , I will see if I can find the pics of my favorite. another option might be to buy blanks if you dont have the tooling to cut them well . there usually pretty cheap and you can modify them to how ever you want and build your own handles
Where do you buy the blanks, I may want to check some out to get me started?

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 08-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
I laughed so hard I think I pulled something. That sir is going to live on for a while me thinks.

JD