Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Other Weapons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Blade I made yesterday. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f32/blade-i-made-yesterday-70912/)

FullautoUSA 08-23-2012 03:13 AM

Blade I made yesterday.

4 Attachment(s)
I'm looking for any comments.

KG7IL 08-23-2012 05:13 AM

My only comment would be "Ditch it before the guards search your cell"

tacticalfun 08-23-2012 05:14 AM

^Lmfao. Bingo

MrWray 08-23-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG7IL

And put it in a common area, above the door on top of the exit sign is a good place :-)

Why the shank fullauto?

FullautoUSA 08-23-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray

And put it in a common area, above the door on top of the exit sign is a good place :-)

Why the shank fullauto?

I haven't put the handle on yet, I just started making knives, and I'm trying to make my next one, not a shank.

purehavoc 08-23-2012 04:19 PM

Oh brother FA, I understand its your first, but toss that one and start with a bigger piece of material to begin with , old 10" circular saw blades work well as does old mower blades . Draw it out on the steel first with a marker and you can even use a hack saw to cut it if thats all you have it will work just fine .
Get yourself a nice little stationary 1 X 30 belt sander from harbor freight $39 and some metal files and get to grinding away . always use personal protection stuff , eyes, ears, and finger protection ,
Have fun and stay safe

FullautoUSA 08-23-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc
Oh brother FA, I understand its your first, but toss that one and start with a bigger piece of material to begin with , old 10" circular saw blades work well as does old mower blades . Draw it out on the steel first with a marker and you can even use a hack saw to cut it if thats all you have it will work just fine .
Get yourself a nice little stationary 1 X 30 belt sander from harbor freight $39 and some metal files and get to grinding away . always use personal protection stuff , eyes, ears, and finger protection ,
Have fun and stay safe

I was starting a bigger one that would be an actual knife, then during the middle my saw broke, it was both a PITA and kind of funny.

purehavoc 08-23-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullautoUSA (Post 913223)
I was starting a bigger one that would be an actual knife, then during the middle my saw broke, it was both a PITA and kind of funny.

there are a few guys around here that make knives as a side business and some I believe as a living so stay tuned in and keep your eyes open .They will be able to help you more than I will but high carbon steel will keep the best long lasting edge . I have made a few that turned out nice to me , I will see if I can find the pics of my favorite. another option might be to buy blanks if you dont have the tooling to cut them well . there usually pretty cheap and you can modify them to how ever you want and build your own handles

FullautoUSA 08-23-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc

there are a few guys around here that make knives as a side business and some I believe as a living so stay tuned in and keep your eyes open .They will be able to help you more than I will but high carbon steel will keep the best long lasting edge . I have made a few that turned out nice to me , I will see if I can find the pics of my favorite. another option might be to buy blanks if you dont have the tooling to cut them well . there usually pretty cheap and you can modify them to how ever you want and build your own handles

Where do you buy the blanks, I may want to check some out to get me started?

Dillinger 08-23-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG7IL (Post 912829)

I laughed so hard I think I pulled something. :D That sir is going to live on for a while me thinks.

JD