Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Other Weapons > Best sub 30$ edc knife?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich1377usmc View Post
CRKT Hammond Cruiser , this is my EDC.

I was thinking about that one!
So my 3 choices now are
the
Kershaw chill
Kershaw Leek
Crkt hammond cruiser
The only thing I don't like about the leek is the grip/handle, too slippery looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:24 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Under $30..get a Kershaw.

Had one as a work knife, abused the living hell out of it for maybe 5-6 years, lasted me until someone stole it.

Ended up replacing it with a spyderco.... I'd rather have my Kershaw back.
This is why I'm carrying the little Kershaw Chive today; somebody "borrowed" my Leek.

I haven't had a spyderco, so I can't compare quality.

The shape of the Leek grip makes it feel more secure than it looks.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:41 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 91

I have one issue (or more so a commment) on the leek. Like I said I carry the knife every day but one thing to look out for is the hardness of the steel. The leek (14c28n steel)is a moderately hard steel so it will hold a edge, but use it for prying and you will snap it very easy. In fact I dropped the leek and it stuck in the carpet and when I pulled the knife out the tip was bent over. I was able to work the tip back to a nice profile, in my opinion 14C28N Steel is about the same as g10 steel maybe a little better at holding a edge, do to the higher hrc.

All in all I'm very happy with the knife, and you can get a very nice polished edge, that is very sharp. Once you get it sharp it will stay that way with a quick stropping after use.